Master in Social Work with Children and Youth
Studying in the joint Master’s program Social Work with Children and Youth gives unbeatable advantages. First of all these studies provide an opportunity for students to experience two educational environments and to get joint diploma at the end of the study period. Joint diploma can symbolize for employers that graduates have an intercultural knowledge and great adaptability skills, that they are not afraid to take up a challenge and are willing to take responsibility for demanding and complex tasks and duties. Other than getting joint diploma, there are many more advantages, such as professional social work field education experience in different sociocultural context, challenges travelling and studying in multicultural environment, expansion of professional network. We are proud of our graduates who are employed as social workers in different organizations of European countries.
Students will spend their first semester in Vilnius (Lithuania) and second semester in Riga (Latvia). It is also planned that their third semester will be in Ruzomberok (Slovakia) and fourth semester in Lisbon (Portugal).
Degrees: Bachelor degree or equivalent first university degree (3-year study duration minimum).
English level: At least a B2 level of English proven by a certification (IELTS or TOEFL); the certification can be organized by long distance.
Applicants with a college bachelor's degree from an accredited social work Program and one year work experience in social work field or with an average of at least 8 grades of professional bachelor's and no less than 8 for final thesis can apply for admission without bridge studies.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Comparative European Social Policy
- Professional Development and Supervision in Social Work
- Social Work Research Methodology
- Theoretical Models of Social Work
- Master’s Thesis
- Interactive Methods Working with Children and Youth
- Scientific Research Practice
- Social Work with Family
- Children and Youth Behavious by Bio-psycho-social Aspects
- Children and Youth Career Guidance
- Cross-Cultural Mediation
- Master’s Thesis
- Youth Intercultural Communication
- Socio-Cultural Empowerment of Different Youth Groups
- Master’s Thesis
Non-EU citizens: €3120 per year
EU citizens: €2120 per year
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The graduates may continue in doctoral studies and seek academic careers in national or foreign universities and research institutions.
Program graduates will be able to realize their career tasks in:
- Children and youth day centers especially working with neglected children and youth
- Juvenile justice institutions as providers of social services for delinquent children and youth
- Implementing youth policy in municipalities
- Improving quality of social work with migrants
- Developing career guidance services for children and youth
- Developing universal multifunctional centers
About this institute
Mykolas Romeris University
Located just outside the city center, Mykolas Romeris University (MRU) is one of the top universities in Lithuania, currently having about 6,500 students from 58 countries. For International Students, the University offers Bachelor, Master and Doctoral study programs in the...
Why study at Mykolas Romeris University
- #1 in Law and Psychology studies among all Lithuanian universities
- European diplomas, which are easily recognized all over the world
- Multicultural environment
- Low living expenses (€300-350 per month with accommodation at the University Students house)
- Library that's even open at night
- Free introductory week for international students (informational seminars, trips, tours, cultural events)
- Student visa allowing to travel all over the Schengen area
- Scholarships for international mobility (for studies and internships)
Want to know more about Master in Social Work with Children and Youth? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...