Master of Advanced EngineeringMonash University
Master of Advanced Engineering
The Master of Advanced Engineering is designed for graduates who already have an undergraduate degree in engineering in a cognate discipline. The first year of the course is designed to develop skills in leadership, engineering design and data analysis. In the second year, you will complete core units to master your specialization and develop a breadth of knowledge across engineering disciplines.
The Master of Advanced Engineering is available in the following specializations as: Additive Manufacturing, Chemical engineering, Civil engineering (Infrastructure systems), Civil engineering (Water), Civil engineering (Transport), Electrical engineering, Materials engineering, Mechanical engineering, Medical engineering, Energy and sustainability engineering*, Renewable and sustainable energy engineering
*If you are studying this course in Malaysia, you can only complete the energy and sustainability engineering specialization. This specialization is not available for study at Clayton.
The duration may vary depending on prior qualifications as 2 years/1 year (full time).
English entry requirements
- IELTS (Academic): 6.5 overall (no band lower than 6.0)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): score of 58 overall with no band lower than 50
- TOEFL Internet-based test: score of 79 overall with minimum scores: Writing: 21,
- Listening: 12, Reading: 13 and Speaking: 18
For more information about entry requirements please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The course is structured into five parts,
- Part A. Common core units,
- Part B. Enhancement units,
- Part C. Technical elective units,
- Part D. Specialization core units and
- Part E. Specialist engineering research and application.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Upon successful completion of this course it is expected that you will be able to:
- understand, reflect critically upon, and proficiently apply the relevant sciences and scientific methods underpinning at least one specialist engineering practice area, to design and critically appraise solutions to complex problems
- Identify and critically appraise current developments and advanced technologies, and apply knowledge of these to at least one specialist area
- Engage in an internationalized world by reflecting on the social and environmental impact of at least one specialist engineering practice area, and contextualize complex design solutions to appropriately consider the impact on an international community
- Determine, analyze and proficiently apply theoretical, experimental, and numerical simulation of phenomena to predict, design, control and optimize the performance of complex engineering systems
- Apply systematic engineering synthesis, critical judgement, design processes, project management and innovative approaches to solve complex problems
- Articulate justifications, critique and interpretations of theoretical propositions, methodologies, design conclusions and professional decisions to specialist and non-specialist audiences
- Conduct independent investigation and critical reflection as a means to maintain ethical accountability in professional decisions
- Exhibit competent and effective team membership and leadership in a multi-disciplinary, cross-cultural environment.
Successful completion of this course may provide a pathway to a graduate research degree. You will need to demonstrate a strong academic record in your prior and/or current studies.
If you are considering a graduate research degree, you are advised to consult the course coordinator in regards to course progression.
Monash - Our Educational Offering
About this institute
At Monash, the desire to make a difference informs everything we do. But we go beyond good intentions. We make an impact, both locally and internationally. We are a global university with a presence on four continents. And our plans...
Why study at Monash University
Double Degrees: A double degree allows you to study for two degrees at the same time. You will graduate with two different bachelor degrees, giving you more career flexibility and opportunities. Studying towards two degrees at the same time allows you to keep your options open, to develop expertise in different but complementary areas, or simply to pursue two areas of interest in-depth. Monash offers one an extensive range of double degrees, with more than 140 double-degrees combinations across all major study fields.
Monash Warwick Alliance: The future of education lies in global partnership. The Alliance harnesses the collective strengths of two universities from opposite sides of the globe, creating international opportunities for all. Now in its 7th year, the International Conference for Undergraduate Research (ICUR) has established itself as a unique student-led event connecting undergraduates from around the world in a 48-hour global academic conference.
GIG: The Global Immersion Guarantee (GIG) is a ground-breaking study opportunity including a funded overseas experience for all first year Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Global Studies and related double degree students.
Bachelor of International Business
The Bachelor of International Business is the perfect degree for those ready to launch their international career. With excellent industry engagement, guaranteed study abroad or industry placement, all while studying on Collins street in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD, you’ll be part of the international business community before you leave the classroom.
Law at Monash - Key selling points
We're more than a degree. More than prestigious. More than one of the best law schools in the world. It's not just what you study, but what you take when you leave us that has the most impact.
- 21st century digital moot court
- global legal hackathons
- clinical guarantee - Monash Law offers guaranteed professional work placements for all students who wish to incorporate a practical component credited towards their Monash Law degree.
- top legal educators
- Monash University & King's College - opportunity to graduate with a qualification from Monash University and King's College London
- Industry Seminars
Engineering: The Monash Engineering Co-operative Education Program (Co-op) is designed to equip students with up-to-date, relevant industry experience and prepare them to become engineers of the future. Co-op provides employers with access to exceptional students for paid internships from Australia’s number 1 Engineering Faculty*.
MADA: There’s nothing like the feeling of creating something amazing from scratch. At MADA, you’ve got the tools at your fingertips to make it happen.
MADA has over 30 creative courses to choose from, 10 double degrees, plus you can add subjects from right across Monash University.
Australia ranked #2 study abroad country
Australia has been ranked the #2 study abroad country in the world for 2020! With everything from the tranquility of the Gold Coast beaches to the adventure of the Australian Alps, take a trip “Down Under” and discover why Australia is a great choice for an exceptional study abroad experience.
Want to know more about Master of Advanced Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
COVID-19: Support for Current and Prospective Students
We believe in making study abroad a safe, positive experience for everyone. Find out what we're doing to help our users in light of recent coronavirus (COVID-19) developments.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...