About this program
Art History & Studio Art
The Studio Art/ Art History major provides students with the opportunity to develop their artistic and creative abilities while gaining a global perspective on the arts.
A critical approach to art in its social, historical, and cultural context complements students’ own creative work and process. Students learn to describe, analyze, and interpret the form and content of works of art, while examining the significant movements of Western art as well as the secular and sacred art of Asia, Africa, and the Americas. At the same time, students acquire an array of techniques for their own artistic self-expression, ranging from two and three-dimensional design, to computer graphics and web design, photography, painting, and sculpture. Classes are small and involve close work with our professors, and students benefit from a wealth of opportunities to view historic and contemporary art in a Budapest, a major European art center.
Applicants are required to have a good command of English.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- History of Western Art I
- History of Western Art II
- Art of the Medieval World
- Romanticism and Impressionism
- Twentieth-Century Art
- Art and Culture of Islam
- Traditional Native American Arts and Architecture
- Independent Studies in Art History
- The Art of the Baroque in Northern Europe
- Italian Renaissance Art
- Writing in Art and Art History
- Seminar in Art History - Capstone Seminar
- Perceptual Drawing
- Digital Photography
- Graphic Design I
- Internship in Studio Art
- Independent Studies in Studio Art
- Web Design
- Graphic Design II
- Portfolio Preparation
- Capstone: Senior Show Preparation
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the college website.
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the college website.
Students completing the Studio Art and Art History major are equipped to continue their studies in well-known Masters of Fine Arts Programs, as well as Ph.D. programs in art history.
Students have entered the workplace as graphic and web designers, photographers and event organizers, able to bridge different visual cultures in the service of businesses, museums, schools, and marketing firms.
About this institute
Important Update: In-Classroom Learning
McDaniel College is a fully accredited private College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, located in Westminster, Maryland, USA. Its campus in Budapest is also fully accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and...
Why study at McDaniel College Budapest
- American Bachelor’s degree recognized in the US and worldwide
- Option to complete your studies at the main campus of the college in the United States
- Major discount on semesters in the United States
- International group of professors
- Small classes and a personalized academic experience
- Beautiful campus in the heart of Budapest
- Student life in one of Europe's most vibrant and safest cities
- You have a choice to study one of five majors:
- Business Administration & Economics
- Political Science & International Studies
- Art History & Studio Art
- McDaniel College is flexible: you can enter our program as undecided, sample a number of different courses, and then choose your major based on what you prefer. You can study one major, or two majors.
Be the first to write a review!