Interior DesignMarist College
All available course dates
About this program
The study of Interior Design focuses on developing each design student's creativity by intersecting it with visual, technical, and architectural design principles. Mastery of these principles will enhance an Interior Design student's understanding of space, creativity, and art, while encouraging each person's own imagination allowing design students to correctly channel and focus ideas, avoid clich and collect new stimuli.
The Interior Design bachelor's degree curriculum through Marist's four-year study abroad degree program has been designed with an innovative foundation in both classic interior design and architectural rendering that will allow undergraduate students to become practitioners in the field. The faculty of the Florence, Italy Interior Design program believes that the study of contemporary culture and social principles are crucial for the modern designer.
- Submit official Secondary School transcript (official English translation into the US system)
- Personal Essay
- Two letters of recommendation for freshmen applicants, one letter for transfer applicants
- Forward official results of the SAT or ACT exam if you want the Admission Committee to consider your scores. Marist is SAT/ACT optional.
- *English Proficiency Exam results if you are a non-native English-speaking student. Marist accepts the TOEFL or the IELTS:
- TOEFL - Students must submit a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based TOEFL exam or a 213 on the computer-based TOEFL or an 80 on the Internet-based TOEFL exam.
- IELTS - Students must submit a minimum score of 6.5All test scores must come directly from the Testing Service to Marist College. Note: the Marist report code is 2400. Copies of test scores will delay the admission process since an I20 will not be issued without official documents. Please note: TOEFL or IELTS scores must be less than two years old from the first day of class at the proposed term of entry in order to be valid.
- Telephone interview with a Marist staff member. The estimated length of the interview is 10-15 minutes.
- If you are applying for Studio Art, Interior Design, or Fashion Design, please complete and submit the corresponding portfolio requirements.
*Note: The English Proficiency Exam result requirement can be waived for students who have met any of the following criteria:
- Completed or are pursuing an International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Attained a minimum score of 500 on the SAT Critical Reading or Writing section
- Attended a U.S. or international school taught in English for a minimum of four years without any English as a Second Language courses
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- History of Architecture
- Introduction to Interior Design
- Principles of Interior and Industrial Design
- History of Interior Design | 20th Century Design and Architecture
- Perspective Drawing and Rendering
- CAD for Interior Design I
- CAD for Interior Design II
- Residential Interior | Design for Living Spaces
- Product Design | Product Design II
- Interior Design | Interior Design II
- Retail Design
- Materials and Models for Interior Construction | Design Materials
- Digital Layout and Design | Web Portfolio Presentation
- Working Group Project in Interior Design |Advanced Project in Interior Design
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, please visit the college website for more information.
Tuition fee: $43,410.00
For more information about tuition fee, please visit the college website.
- Civic design
- Residential design
- Community design
Message the school
About this institute
Located on the banks of the historic Hudson River and at its Florence, Italy campus, Marist College is a comprehensive, independent institution grounded in the liberal arts. Its mission is to “help students develop the intellect, character, and skills required...
Want to know more about Interior Design? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Detroit, United States of America