MSc Engineering Project Management
The combination of digital and physical technologies that is driving the Fourth Industrial Revolution (Industry 4.0) is changing our world. Our MSc Engineering Project Management offers the opportunity to develop the management skills to implement technical strategies in projects across the Engineering industry sector.
This course explores specialist challenges to the key objectives of innovation and sustainability in the delivery of new engineering systems, products, enterprise and services for Industry 4.0.
Throughout this course, you’ll develop specialist skills for the management of multidisciplinary projects along with techniques to manage the operational and developmental phases of product and system life cycles.
You’ll have one optional unit that can be aligned to previous experience, e.g. mechanical or electronic engineering, and will be guided to choose an individual engineering project that supports your career ambitions.
Our teaching staff come from a range of professional backgrounds with active networks in various sectors, from manufacturing engineering and environmental industries, to railways and built environment. Together, this multidisciplinary group will help you to become a rounded professional, ready to apply for engineering management roles in organisations globally.
Optional Placement Year
This course is available with an optional industrial placement year, giving students the chance to tailor their knowledge to suit a specific industry or skill-set. This is an excellent opportunity to put theory into practice and gain transferable workplace skills, providing a real boost to your CV when you graduate.
You'll need a good UK honours degree - at least a 2:2 - or the international equivalent, in engineering, physics, mathematics, computing or equivalent. Applicants with relevant and extensive professional experience in the relevant fields will be considered.
IELTS 6.5 with no-subset below 5.5 is required.
Students who successfully complete any of the Pre-Masters courses below will also be eligible:
- Certificate in Professional Studies: Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Certificate in Professional Studies: Mechanical Engineering
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Management of Projects Fundamentals
- Individual Research Project
- Engineering Sustainability
- Systems Engineering for Industry
- Engineering Design for Innovation
- Project Delivery 2: Managing Risks, Quality and Benefits
- Project Delivery 1: Project Scheduling, Finance and Resource Management
- Management of Projects Professional Practice
- Connected Digital Systems
Scholarships & funding
Manchester Met is offering scholarships of up to £2,500 for high achieving applicants. This scholarship is open to international students who enrol on a full-time postgraduate Masters program and meet the eligibility criteria. The scholarship will be awarded automatically upon enrolment, no application is required.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
- Tuition fee for UK and EU students: £10,000 per year.
- Tuition fee for Non-EU International and Channel Island students: £18,500 per year.
A Masters qualification typically comprises 180 credits.
Graduates with a mix of theoretical and practical engineering skills and a good grasp of modern management techniques are in high demand across the industry.
We’ve developed this course aligned with APM and PMI Body of Knowledge to meet the requirements of international industry and professional project management institutes. As such, you’ll be ready to hit the ground running in a variety of project management roles within engineering and the wider sphere of Industry 4.0.
About this institute
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Metropolitan University (Manchester Met) is ranked among the world’s top 200 universities under 50 years old* demonstrating its commitment to providing excellent teaching and research. It has a proud history dating back to 1824 and is also one of...
Why study at Manchester Metropolitan University
- Ranked in the world’s top 200 universities under 50 years old. (** Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2020)
- Lifelong access to our digital careers service for all alumni of the University.
- £400M+ future investment planned to develop our facilities, buildings and public spaces.
- Holder of the distinguished Queen’s Anniversary Prize 2019 for our multilingual poetry project, Mother Tongue Other Tongue.
- 1,700 academic teaching staff and Professors.
- Our teaching quality has been recognised with a Silver award in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), introduced by the Government in 2017.
- History and heritage: Our roots in higher education date back to 1824.
- Partnerships from across the sporting world including Manchester City Football Club.
- One of the UK's greenest universities / Ranked 2nd in the People & Planet University League 2019.
- Founding member of the Institute of Coding.
Want to know more about Manchester Metropolitan University? Fill out the form and include any questions you have. This information will be sent directly to the school, and a representative will respond to your enquiry.
By completing this form you agree to the Manchester Metropolitan University adding your personal data to our prospective students and enquirers database, and to be contacted by the University for promotional purposes with information on our services, benefits and opportunities. We rely upon the legitimate interests lawful basis in order to hold and use your personal data for these purposes.
You can unsubscribe by using links at the bottom of our communications or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about our use of your personal data and your data subject rights, please see our Enquirers and Prospective Student Privacy Notice: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/data-protection/privacy-notices/enquirers-prospective-students/
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
San Diego, United States of America
Murfreesboro, United States of America