MEng (Hons) Mechanical EngineeringManchester Metropolitan University
About this program
MEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
With this four-year integrated masters course, you’ll go on a journey from fundamental engineering principles all the way through to live, practical projects that are informed by our active research and industrial partnerships. This means that by the time you graduate, you’ll already have experience of the latest engineering challenges faced by industry and society.
On our MEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering degree, you’ll start off by exploring the fundamental theories of engineering science and applied mathematics, as well as learning practical and project skills. Then, through the study of solid mechanics, dynamics, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics, you’ll begin to develop your scientific and analytical skills. Throughout your studies at Manchester Met, you’ll have the chance to get involved with projects rooted in our research with potential employers and research teams – giving you valuable experience for your career development.
As you progress, you’ll take on multi-disciplinary project work, adopting one of several specialist roles – just like you would in the workplace. So, by the time you tackle your final-year group engineering project, you’ll be well equipped to design, develop, evaluate and present a specialist engineering solution to a significant, current problem
Specific GCSE Requirements
GCSE grade C/4 or above in English Language or Pass in Level 2 Functional Skills
GCSE grade C/4 or above in Mathematics or Pass in Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Applied Mechanical Engineering Principles
- Project Skills
- Design Project
- Engineering Mathematics
- Electronic Engineering Principles
- Electrical Engineering Principles
- Mechanical Engineering Principles
- Professional Practice
- Engineering Mechanics
- Modelling And Simulation
- Mechanical Design And Materials
- Group Design Project
- Experimental Mechanics
- Project Design And Implementation
- Computational Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Business And Operations Management
- Individual Project
- Structural Analysis
- Engineering Design
- Digital Manufacturing
- Applied Materials For Modernisation
- Engineering Sustainability
- Systems Engineering For Industry
- Management Of Projects Professional Practice
- Group Engineering Project
- Management Of Projects Fundamentals
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Postgraduate taught courses
If we classify you as an EU or Non-EU International student, you will normally pay between £16,500 and £18,000.
Throughout your mechanical engineering degree, you’ll learn to use science and maths to solve real-world problems. The practical and academic skills you can develop will give you a wide range of career destinations to choose from.
Our mechanical engineering graduates occupy a variety of roles in engineering consultancies, manufacturing, aircraft design and manufacture, automotive and railway engineering, steel manufacturing, naval engineering, water companies, and the power and nuclear fuel industries.
Employers outside of engineering sectors also recognise the skills and problem-solving capacity of the engineering graduate, and there may be opportunities in sales, commissioning, finance, teaching and management, as well as roles managing technology to support a range of organisations.
Message the school
About this institute
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Met is located in the centre of Manchester, an exciting and vibrant city, full of museums, galleries, theatres and music venues. It has a proud history dating back to 1824 and has a diverse international population from over 100...
Why study at Manchester Metropolitan University
- Ranked 67th University in the UK. (Complete University Guide 2023)
- Lifelong access to our digital careers service for all alumni of the University.
- £400M+ future investment planned to develop our facilities, buildings and public spaces.
- 1,700 academic teaching staff and Professors.
- 2,700 international students from over 100 countries
- History and heritage: Our roots in higher education date back to 1824.
- Proud to be the UK's number 1 sustainable university. (People & Planet University League 2021/22)
- Free English language support during your studies.Industry links with global companies, including IBM, Bentley Motors, Bosch, Nike, Walt Disney, L’Oreal, and Lloyds Banking Group
- 90% of our research impact is world-leading or internationally excellent. (REF 2021)
Manchester Metropolitan University
Want to know more about Manchester Metropolitan University? Fill out the form and include any questions you have. This information will be sent directly to the school, and a representative will respond to your enquiry.
By completing this form you agree to the Manchester Metropolitan University adding your personal data to our prospective students and enquirers database, and to be contacted by the University for promotional purposes with information on our services, benefits and opportunities. We rely upon the legitimate interests lawful basis in order to hold and use your personal data for these purposes.
You can unsubscribe by using links at the bottom of our communications or by contacting email@example.com. For further information about our use of your personal data and your data subject rights, please see our Enquirers and Prospective Student Privacy Notice: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/data-protection/privacy-notices/enquirers-prospective-students/
Be the first to write a review!