About this program
BSc (Hons) Sport Coaching and Development
This course will challenge your perceptions, ideas and understanding of sport coaching and development. You’ll journey into the world of sport, exploring the key theories around the subject and developing the practical skills to put them into action.
Our sport coaching and development programme has been designed to build your knowledge in a broad range of areas, from coaching practice and techniques, to sport history, sociology and sport development.
Study at Manchester Met and you’ll be supported throughout your degree by an experienced team of academics, with access to subject experts and practitioners who work within the coaching and sport development sectors. You’ll learn in world-class facilities, including Platt Lane Sports Complex and our new £26m Institute of Sport building, which is due to open in January 2022.
With our extensive network of regional sports organisations, you will also have the opportunity to learn in an applied setting through securing work placements within and outside the UK, helping to lay the foundations for your future career.
This course is also available with a foundation year.
Specific GCSE Requirements
GCSE grade C/4 or above in English Language or Pass in Level 2 Functional Skills English
GCSE grade C/4 or above in Mathematics or Pass in Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Understanding Sport Dl
- Academic Skills
- Methods of Enquiry
- Fundamentals of Sport Coaching
- Social Issues in Sport and Exercise
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Exploring Sport Development
- Human Movement and Skill Acquisition
- Working in Sport and Physical Activity
- Evaluating Sport Development
- Community Sport Coaching
- Experience in Sport and Physical Activity
- Research Methods 1
- Research Methods 2
- Sports Technology
- Advanced Community Sport Coaching
- Strategic Sport Development
- Project in Sport Coaching and Development
- Sporting Events
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Undergraduate taught courses
If we classify you as an EU or Non-EU International student, you will normally pay between £16,500 and £18,000.
Coaching and sport development careers exist within academic institutions such as schools and colleges, as well as in community sports clubs, local authorities and within sports businesses. There are also opportunities within health and fitness providers such as gyms, leisure centres and local-government owned sports departments. A degree in sport coaching and development may also lead to a career with national governing bodies of sport, commercial companies and professional sports clubs, both nationally and internationally.
Message the school
About this institute
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Met is located in the centre of Manchester, an exciting and vibrant city, full of museums, galleries, theatres and music venues. It has a proud history dating back to 1824 and has a diverse international population from over 100...
Why study at Manchester Metropolitan University
- Ranked 67th University in the UK. (Complete University Guide 2023)
- Lifelong access to our digital careers service for all alumni of the University.
- £400M+ future investment planned to develop our facilities, buildings and public spaces.
- 1,700 academic teaching staff and Professors.
- 2,700 international students from over 100 countries
- History and heritage: Our roots in higher education date back to 1824.
- Proud to be the UK's number 1 sustainable university. (People & Planet University League 2021/22)
- Free English language support during your studies.Industry links with global companies, including IBM, Bentley Motors, Bosch, Nike, Walt Disney, L’Oreal, and Lloyds Banking Group
- 90% of our research impact is world-leading or internationally excellent. (REF 2021)
Want to know more about Manchester Metropolitan University? Fill out the form and include any questions you have. This information will be sent directly to the school, and a representative will respond to your enquiry.
By completing this form you agree to the Manchester Metropolitan University adding your personal data to our prospective students and enquirers database, and to be contacted by the University for promotional purposes with information on our services, benefits and opportunities. We rely upon the legitimate interests lawful basis in order to hold and use your personal data for these purposes.
You can unsubscribe by using links at the bottom of our communications or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about our use of your personal data and your data subject rights, please see our Enquirers and Prospective Student Privacy Notice: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/data-protection/privacy-notices/enquirers-prospective-students/
Be the first to write a review!