Master's Program in Film and Media History
The programme offers interdisciplinary specialisation for students within film and media studies. The media are placed in a historical and therefore social, cultural and political context. The processes of change within the media landscape are also studied from economic, technical and aesthetic perspectives. The aim is to prepare students for research and for professions within different types of film and media activities: publishing houses, journalism, media companies, media archives, media education and communication. The MA in Film and Media History is a two-year programme including an opportunity to complete the programme after two semesters with a one-year Master’s degree.
A Bachelor’s degree of 180 credits in film studies or media history or the equivalent; for example a degree in history specialising in media studies. The degree must include an independent project, such as a Bachelor’s degree project, or the equivalent. English Level 6.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee SEK 110 000 per year for non-EU/EEA citizens. No fee for EU/EEA citizens.
Credits: 120 ECTS
Special features of this program:
- research-oriented Program for students interested in interdisciplinary and historical perspectives
- teaching is closely connected to current research and lecturers are specialised in their field
- international guest lecturers are common
- interactive seminar style where students actively participate is a common form of instruction
About this institute
Lund University, founded in 1666, is one of northern Europe’s oldest, broadest and finest universities. The University is ranked among the world’s top 100 universities and offers over 140 international degree programs in subject areas ranging from engineering, science, social...
Why study at Lund University
- A top 100 university in the world.
- Sweden’s top-ranked comprehensive university.
- A top 100 university for graduate employability.
- The #1 choice for international students studying in Sweden, offering a choice of more than 140 international degree programmes, as well as exchange and PhD studies.
- The University was ranked 40th in the Times Higher Education Most International Universities in the World Rankings 2021. We attract students from over 130 different countries.
- Founded in 1666 – one of the oldest and broadest universities in northern Europe.
- A non-profit, public university with 43 700 students.
- Global class environments where students gain cultural perspectives and develop international networks that are highly valued by employers worldwide.
- The breadth of the University creates excellent opportunities for interdisciplinary research and education.
- Lund University is a member of international research-intensive university networks such as LERU and U21.
- Lund is home to many world-leading research environments and is the location for two of Europe’s largest research facilities.
- Students in Lund are given excellent opportunities for business interaction, like the city, with its unique, world-class environment for technology, knowledge, innovation, and entrepreneurship hosts an impressive breadth of global companies.
Want to know more about Master's Program in Film and Media History? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...