About this program
Master's Program in Asian Studies
Interested in an exciting international career? Apply to our Master's Programme in Asian Studies! This interdisciplinary programme is aimed at students who, after their undergraduate studies, want to gain area expertise on contemporary East and South-East Asia. The programme offers students an opportunity to specialise regionally and thematically. Students choose a country or a region of focus in East and South-East Asia, but also read courses that are more general and deal with cross-regional issues. During the fourth semester you will have the possibility to travel to Asia to carry out fieldwork and collect material for your Master's thesis.
A Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences or Humanities. English Level 6.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee SEK 110 000 per year for non-EU/EEA citizens. No fee for EU/EEA citizens.
Credits: 120 ECTS
As a student on this program, you will:
- Learn to analyse complex issues related to social, cultural,political and economic developments in East and South-East Asia.
- Critically, independently, and creatively be able to identify and formulate questions and use appropriate research methods.
- Gain the ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting andin a multicultural international environment.
- Gain the skills required for work in research, governmentagencies, international organisations or employment insome other qualified capacity.
About this institute
Lund University, founded in 1666, is one of northern Europe’s oldest, broadest and finest universities. The University is ranked among the world’s top 100 universities and offers over 140 international degree programs in subject areas ranging from engineering, science, social...
Why study at Lund University
- A top 100 university in the world.
- Sweden’s top-ranked comprehensive university.
- A top 100 university for graduate employability.
- The #1 choice for international students studying in Sweden, offering a choice of more than 140 international degree programmes, as well as exchange and PhD studies.
- The University was ranked 40th in the Times Higher Education Most International Universities in the World Rankings 2021. We attract students from over 130 different countries.
- Founded in 1666 – one of the oldest and broadest universities in northern Europe.
- A non-profit, public university with 43 700 students.
- Global class environments where students gain cultural perspectives and develop international networks that are highly valued by employers worldwide.
- The breadth of the University creates excellent opportunities for interdisciplinary research and education.
- Lund University is a member of international research-intensive university networks such as LERU and U21.
- Lund is home to many world-leading research environments and is the location for two of Europe’s largest research facilities.
- Students in Lund are given excellent opportunities for business interaction, like the city, with its unique, world-class environment for technology, knowledge, innovation, and entrepreneurship hosts an impressive breadth of global companies.
Be the first to write a review!