Chemical Engineering TechnologistLoyalist College of Applied Arts & Technology
Chemical Engineering Technologist
All available course dates
About this program
Chemical Engineering Technologist
Chemical engineering technicians and technologists are at the heart of many growing fields, from leading-edge research around alternative fuels to protecting the safety of our food and water supply. Prepare for an exciting career working in high-tech labs with real-world results.
Required academic preparation
- OSSD/OSSGD or equivalent with courses at the general, advanced, (C), (U) or (M) level,AND
- Grade 12 English (C) level or equivalent OR
- Mature applicant
Recommended academic preparation
- Grade 12 Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics at the (C), (U) or general level
- Applicants with a related degree or diploma may be considered for advanced standing or direct entry into year two
Is it for you?
Students who thrive in this program:
- Have a good grounding in math and science.
- Are inquisitive.
- Pay meticulous attention to detail.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
First Year - Semester One
- Cell Biology Lab
- Cell Biology Lecture
- Foundation Skills in Science
- Introduction to Applied Chemistry-Lab
- Introduction to Applied Chemistry-Lecture
- Mathematics for Biosciences 1
- Organic Chemistry 1
First Year - Semester Two
- Applied Chemistry 2
- Applied Chemistry 2 LAB
- Applied Organic Chem Techniques
- Industrial Processes
- Introduction to Microbiology
- Mathematics for Biosciences 2
- Organic Chemistry 2
Second Year - Semester Three
- Analytical Chemistry
- Analytical Techniques
- Data Analysis 1
- Instrumentation 1 Lab
- Instrumentation 1 Theory
Second Year - Semester Four
- Analytical Chemistry 2
- Chemical Engineering
- Instrumentation 2
- Placement One Week
- Polymer Chemistry
Third Year - Semester Five
- Analytical Instrumentation
- Data Analysis 2
- Extraction Technology
- Organic Chemistry - Chromatography
Third Year - Semester Six
- Applied Projects 1
- Applied Projects 2
- Good Manufacturing Practices
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
- Domestic Tuition: $2,722.08
- Full-Time Ancillary Fees:* $1,308
- Total: $4,030.08
- Additional Program Costs: $1,516 (year one)
Credential: Three-year Ontario College Advanced Diploma (Technologist)
Study in the newly equipped Bay of Quinte Skills Centre:
- Understand the principles and techniques of organic and analytical chemistry, chemical engineering and industrial processes.
- Gain applied skills with chemical instrumentation, extraction technology, health and safety, and microbiology techniques.
- Apply theory to practice with problem-based assignments.
- Graduates are prepared to work in research and development, analyze and interpret data, manage lab operations, assess analytical methods and develop new techniques.
- Observe chemical engineers in action with tours of professional lab facilities.
- Applied project learning and field placements in the second and third years provide practical experience, preparing you for a smooth transition to the workforce with a wide range of skills.
Find your career
Chemical engineering technicians and technologists work for:
- Government agencies.
- Educational institutions.
- Industries including food production, pharmaceuticals, petroleum, plastics, pulp and paper, mining, metallurgy and nuclear energy.
Message the school
About this institute
Loyalist College of Applied Arts & Technology
Loyalist College will be Ontario’s Destination College, known locally, nationally, and internationally as a deliberate choice of students, faculty, and staff, where their experiences are enabled by an engaged and supportive culture....
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
A Great experience at loyalist college! Small-sized classrooms compared to other colleges which allow for better relationships with your professors. They just don’t teach you based on the curriculum, they prepare you for the actual workforce, organizing career fairs occasionally to help soon-to-be grads network, and find the dream job. In sum...
Want to know more about Chemical Engineering Technologist? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.