PGCE Secondary Science with Biology - PGCELondon Metropolitan University
PGCE Secondary Science with Biology - PGCE
Learn how to teach science and biology to 11 to 16-year-olds with these Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA)-accredited academic sessions at London Met and hands-on practical experience at our partnership schools. You’ll learn how to improve your pupils’ love of this biology through the latest teaching methods and principles.
Trainees on our PGCE Secondary courses attain high results, with 95% achieving an Ofsted good or outstanding grade by the end of the course.
Department for Education (DfE) bursaries are available for this course.
This Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA)-accredited PGCE Secondary Science with Biology course will help you gain the skills to become a competent teacher of science for students up to 14 years old, biology for 15 to 16-year-olds and achieve Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). You may also have the opportunity to work with the 16 to 18 age range.
You will be required to have:
- a UK degree grade 2.2 or equivalent in Biology or relevant degrees including geology, metallurgy, chemical engineering and forensic science
- literacy and numeracy tests — these are university-based tests, which you will be asked to undertake at your interview
- a valid Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate and Confirmation of Fitness to Teach (eg a London Metropolitan University Health Check) - you will be advised to apply for these after an offer is made
- GCSE English and Mathematics grade C (grade 4 from 2017) or above (or equivalent, see Equivalency Testing or A Star Teachers)
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Curriculum Studies
- Professionalism and Inclusive Practice
- School Experience to Progress Point 2
- School Experience to Progress Point 5
Modules and module details are subject to change over time.
Scholarships & funding
Funding is available for many postgraduate courses leading to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
For more information about the scholarships, please visit the university website.
- UK/EU Students: £9,250 per year
- International Students: £12,700 per year
This intensive PGCE leads to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), which enables you to teach biology to 11 to 16-year-olds. Our trainees have gone on to secure secondary teacher roles at schools including Ark Academy, Harris Girls Academy and more. You’ll have the same opportunities for employment upon successful completion of the course.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about PGCE Secondary Science with Biology - PGCE? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alabama, United States of America
Schenectady, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America
San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Spain