Organised Crime and Global Security - MA (Full-time)London Metropolitan University
Organised Crime and Global Security - MA (Full-time)
The Organised Crime and Global Security MA is the ideal choice if you have an interest in organised crime and security matters on a global scale.
This degree will provide you with the leadership, management and analytical skills needed to succeed in the field. You'll gain valuable experience in research and the study of crime and politics.
You'll critically assess current policies and practices related to national and international crime control, as well as the links between these and international relations and politics. Option modules will allow you to specialise in a field that interests you, these include international law and order, conflict resolution and contemporary issues in criminology.
London Met invites visiting professors and experts in criminology and international relations to the University to share their expertise. These guest visits complement the knowledge of our academics who are actively engaged in research including street crime, gangs and police body cameras. This expertise will support you when undertaking your dissertation.
By the end of the course you'll be able to deal with complex issues both systematically and creatively, making sound judgements in the absence of complete data and communicating your conclusions clearly. The course is an opportunity to open up new thinking and to expand your career opportunities within the security industry.
You will be required to have:
- at least a lower second class honours degree in a relevant discipline such as criminology, or social and behavioural sciences (applications are also welcome from those who have experience in criminal justice or possess relevant professional qualifications)
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Criminological Research Methods
- Organised Crime and Global Security Dissertation
- Security Studies
- Terrorism and Counter Terrorism
- Transnational Organised Crime
- Contemporary Issues in Criminology
- Cybercrime and Cyber Security
- Human Rights and the International Order
- Human Security
- International Conflict Resolution
- International Law and International Order
- Policies, Regulatory framework for Safeguarding
- Political Violence in a Contemporary Context
- Psychology and Crime
- Radicalisation and counter-radicalisation strategies
- Religion and International Relations
- Social Responsibility and Interventions
- Vulnerabilities and Risks
Modules and module details are subject to change over time.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- UK/EU Students: £8,950 per year
- International Students: £13,250 per year
Graduates from our masters programs have found employment with the police, probation, prisons, the Border Agency, National Crime Agency, Europol and the United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime, as well as academic or government research posts.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Organised Crime and Global Security - MA (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...