Counselling and Coaching BSc (Full-time)London Metropolitan University
Counselling and Coaching BSc (Full-time)
Why study this course?
This Counselling and Coaching BSc (Hons) course offers you an exciting opportunity to obtain an academic degree whilst aiming towards British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) membership.
This exciting career-focused course will allow you to target jobs in an array of different settings including GP surgeries, charities, universities, schools, colleges and private practices.
This intensive academic and practitioner course will improve your job prospects following graduation. You’ll gain practical experience in the counselling and coaching field during your work placement and learn about safeguarding policy, psycho-pharmaceutical matters, risk assessment and risk management, all of which are now critical in health care.
Teaching will be focused on wellbeing via biological, psychological and social perspectives where counselling and coaching skills will be applied continuously. A balance between working with mental health and long-term conditions will be a critical component to this course and we’ll ensure that you're kept up-to-date with contemporary health care practices.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- A minimum of grades BCC in three A levels or a minimum of grades BC in at least two A levels in academic or business subjects (or a minimum of 104 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma/Diploma; or Advanced Diploma; or Progression Diploma; or Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits)
- English Language and Mathematics GCSE at grade C/grade 4 or above (or equivalent)
- Successfully passed a fitness to practice interview at the University
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Introduction to Research in Psychology
- Placement Support and Study Skills
- Safeguarding and Ethics
- Counselling and Coaching Across the Lifespan
- Counselling with Coaching
- Placement support (level 2)
- Psychology and Employment
- Research Design and Data Analysis in Psychology
- Placement support - level 3
- Psychology Project
- Drug and alcohol counselling
- Palliative Care and End of Life Issues
- Qualitative Research Methods in Psychology
- The Brain Wise Counsellor
- Understanding psychopathology in counselling practice
- Work Psychology
- Working with Diversity
Modules and module details are subject to change over time
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- UK/EU students: £9,250 per year
- International students: £12,700 per year
On completion of this degree you can also continue on to postgraduate study.
You’ll develop transferable skills such as report writing, teamwork, time management, organisation, IT and numeracy skills, which are valued by employers in a wide range of industries. Since this is a practitioner course, you may be employed by your current placement or choose an alternative work environment. This may be in a private, university, school, college or NHS practice.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Counselling and Coaching BSc (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Campbellsville, United States of America