Master of Arts in Human Resource ManagementLiverpool John Moores University - Unicaf
The entry requirements for admission are:
- An accredited UK Honours degree with minimum 2.2 classification or international equivalent AND experience in the field of HR, Training, Development or related area OR aspirations to work in this area which are substantiated in the Personal Statement. Some related professional qualifications at the appropriate level may also be considered.
- Official transcripts from all universities, colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended.
- English Proficiency: Students satisfy the English proficiency requirements provided they present a GCSE score with a minimum grade of “C” or IELTS (Academic) with an overall score of at least 6.0 (and no individual component lower than 5.5) or equivalent qualification. Students who do not acquire the above mentioned qualifications are required to take the online Academic English Placement Test. This is an IELTS-type test (Reading & Writing) where students need to score an overall 6.0 (with no individual component lower than 5.5).
- Personal Statement (minimum 500 words) explaining why the Program interests the student, what makes the student a suitable candidate, how the Program will benefit the student's career progression and any relevant skills or work experience that will support the application.
- Up to date CV
- Two references (academic or professional) listed on CV stating referee’s full name, contact details, and relationship to the applicant.
Applications from non-standard applicants are welcome and will be considered individually.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Induction Module
Postgraduate Certificate Level
- HR, Development and Performance in Context
- Developing Academic Business & Leadership Competencies
- Strategic HR and Leadership
Postgraduate Diploma Level
- Employment Relations and Legal Framework
- Managing and Developing Talent
- Research Methods for HR
Postgraduate Award Level
- Dissertation and Impact Report
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
Tuition fees: £12,635
Master of Arts in Human Resource Management
Educational aims of the Program
To produce graduates who will:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Human Resource Management (HRM) strategy in a range of organisational contexts.
- Critically evaluate organisational HRM strategy and practice within complex and rapidly changing business environments.
- Critically appraise the added value of HRM policies and practices to contemporary organisations.
- Synthesise and analyse complex information from a variety of sources and evaluate its relevance.
- Critically reflect on experience and learning, skills attainment and undertaking continuous professional development (CPD) and lifelong learning
A student successfully completing the Program of study will have acquired subject knowledge and understanding as well as skills and other attributes.
Knowledge and understanding
A student who is eligible for this award will be able to:
- evaluate the contribution of HRM strategy to the achievement of business objectives
- integrate HR strategies with business strategy within the micro and macro environment of contemporary organisations
- design and critique concepts and strategies within the context of effective resourcing, talent management and the changing labour market
- assess the utilisation of performance and engagement to maximise individual contribution and enhance organisational performance
- apply and evaluate theory and practice relating to the changing nature of employment relations in both unionised and non unionised environments
- evaluate strategies for personal and organisational learning and knowledge using appropriate digital technology to support the development of practice
- interpret and analyse data using contemporary research methodologies and techniques
About this institute
Liverpool John Moores University - Unicaf
The Liverpool Mechanics Institute was founded by people of power and influence who recognised the transformative effects of education and the impact that learning and aspiration could have on individuals, communities and society. It was the first such institution to...
Be the first to write a review!