About this program
MSc Real Estate and Construction Management
The master's program in Real Estate and Construction Management opens the door to engaging professions in real estate development, law, economics and finance, and construction management. The dynamic combination of applied and theoretical courses with group projects and industry collaboration gives graduates the skills to excel in the building and real estate markets. The program is RICS accredited for delivering the highest standards in real estate education.
English language proficiency equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6 is required. You can meet the requirement by achieving the minimum required score in the following internationally recognised English tests:
- IELTS Academic/IELTS UKVI: An overall score of 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5
- TOEFL iBT: Score of 20 (scale 0-30) in written test, total score of 90. We accept TOEFL iBT Home Edition and Paper Edition. We do not accept TOEFL ITP, TOEFL iBT MyBest, Institutional TOEFL, TOEFL Essentials, or the revised TOEFL Paper-delivered Test.
- Cambridge Michigan Language Assessments: University of Michigan, Examination for the Certificate of Proficiency in English (ECPE)
- Pearson PTE Academic or PTE Academic Online: Score of 62 (writing 61)
- Cambridge ESOL: C1 Advanced (CAE), minimum overall score 180 (points awarded since 2015), or Cambridge English certificate level C1, minimum score 180, or Cambridge English: Advanced
Completed upper secondary and university studies in some countries can also fulfil the requirement. Detailed information on how you can meet the language requirement is provided by University Admissions .
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Real Estate Market Analysis and Development
- Quantitative Methods Applied to Real Estate and Construction Management
- Project Communication
- Theory of Science and Research Methods
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
The full program tuition fee for non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizens studying this program is SEK 310,000.
Credits: 120 ECTS
- Asset Manager
- Transaction Advisor
- Construction Project Manager
- Project Engineer
- Real Estate Consultant
- Land surveyor
Graduates from the program have in-depth knowledge of construction project management, real estate economics and real estate development and land law. They have the skills to work in and lead real estate and construction management projects, collaborate across disciplinary boundaries, work independently, exercise their power of initiative and create new ideas for a sustainable built environment.
Given the borderless nature of the subjects covered in the program, graduates are trained for careers at private building and real estate companies, financial institutions, consultancy companies, as well as local and national public organizations, both nationally and internationally. Graduates from the program have gone on to work in organizations such as:
- Consultancy companies, banks, pension funds, insurance companies
- Property and asset management companies, development companies, real estate appraisal/valuation firms, and real estate capital groups
- Infrastructure development organizations
- Land development, cadastral and registration agencies and other related regulatory bodies and private companies
- Architectural firms, technical consulting firms, construction management firms, real estate companies, construction companies, client and facilities management organizations and public organizations.
The program also prepares you for further studies at the doctoral level.
Message the school
About this institute
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Since its founding in 1827, KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical...
Why study at KTH Royal Institute of Technology
KTH Royal Institute of Technology is the largest and highest-ranked technical university is Sweden and ranks among the top ten in Europe. With a strong focus on internationalization, the KTH campus is an arena for bringing highly talented students, teachers and researchers together to share perspectives from around the globe.
Sustainable development is a natural aspect of Swedish society and an integral part of KTH's operations and spirit. KTH is ranked 42 among universities world-wide when it comes to meeting the sustainable development goals, according to THE University Impact Ranking 2022. One of KTH's most important goals is that all graduates have up-to-date knowledge and tools to move society in a more sustainable direction. For each of our master's programmes, you can read about how the programme relates to the sustainable development goals and what knowledge and tools you will acquire to contribute to a more sustainable society.
Want to know more about MSc Real Estate and Construction Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!