MSc Engineering Materials ScienceKTH Royal Institute of Technology
About this program
MSc Engineering Materials Science
The master's program in Engineering Materials Science has a cross-functional approach, focusing on the understanding of existing materials, processes and applications, as well as the development of new ones. Students can specialise in Industrial Materials, Materials and Process Design, or Sustainable Materials. Graduates have valuable expertise in materials science needed in many industries and sectors, for example, manufacturing, automotive and energy.
English language proficiency equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6 is required. You can meet the requirement by achieving the minimum required score in the following internationally recognised English tests:
- IELTS Academic/IELTS UKVI: An overall score of 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5
- TOEFL iBT: Score of 20 (scale 0-30) in written test, total score of 90. We accept TOEFL iBT Home Edition and Paper Edition. We do not accept TOEFL ITP, TOEFL iBT MyBest, Institutional TOEFL, TOEFL Essentials, or the revised TOEFL Paper-delivered Test.
- Cambridge Michigan Language Assessments: University of Michigan, Examination for the Certificate of Proficiency in English (ECPE)
- Pearson PTE Academic or PTE Academic Online: Score of 62 (writing 61)
- Cambridge ESOL: C1 Advanced (CAE), minimum overall score 180 (points awarded since 2015), or Cambridge English certificate level C1, minimum score 180, or Cambridge English: Advanced
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Theory and Methodology of Science with Applications (Natural and Technological Science)
- Process Engineering
- Simulation and Modeling Toolbox
- Applied Thermodynamics and Kinetics
- Applied Thermodynamics for Material Processing
- Degree Project in Materials and Process Design, Second Cycle
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
The full program tuition fee for non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizens studying this program is SEK 310,000.
Credits: 120 ECTS
- Product Developer
- Process Developer
- Materials Specialist
- Project Manager.
Graduates from the program are in great demand in the Stockholm and in the rest of Sweden, Europe and the world. There are many job opportunities in sectors that are directly associated with metallurgy – such as iron, steel and other metal-producing industries (for example, powder metallurgy and hard metal). However, as a material specialist with outstanding knowledge about metals, you will find that your knowledge is of importance in the automotive industry, manufacturing industry, aerospace industry, companies in the energy sector, the public sector, the environmental sector or private enterprises. Graduates from the program work at companies such as Sandvik, SSAB, Outokumpu, Swerim and Scania.
The program also provides a solid scientific foundation for further research studies at KTH or abroad after graduating.
Message the school
About this institute
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Since its founding in 1827, KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical...
Why study at KTH Royal Institute of Technology
KTH Royal Institute of Technology is the largest and highest-ranked technical university is Sweden and ranks among the top ten in Europe. With a strong focus on internationalization, the KTH campus is an arena for bringing highly talented students, teachers and researchers together to share perspectives from around the globe.
Sustainable development is a natural aspect of Swedish society and an integral part of KTH's operations and spirit. KTH is ranked 42 among universities world-wide when it comes to meeting the sustainable development goals, according to THE University Impact Ranking 2022. One of KTH's most important goals is that all graduates have up-to-date knowledge and tools to move society in a more sustainable direction. For each of our master's programmes, you can read about how the programme relates to the sustainable development goals and what knowledge and tools you will acquire to contribute to a more sustainable society.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Want to know more about MSc Engineering Materials Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!