About this program
Biology and Marine Biotechnology
Bachelor of Biology and Marine Biotechnology knows the systematics of living organisms, their structure characteristics, cell structure, biochemical, physical, physiological and genetic processes in living organisms, patterns of the structure and functioning of populations, communities and ecosystems, the links between biology and marine biotechnology, aquaculture and other areas of blue technology, have practical the skills necessary for applying this knowledge, familiar with statistical and modern methods of information search, have the skills necessary for further qualification upgrading.
The object of study is the regularities of physics and chemistry in biological systems and their environment, changes in materials and energy in living systems, homeostasis, hereditary information, proteins, cells - fundamental units of living systems, cell division, tissues, organs, organ systems, their functions, organism growth and propagation, protista, archae and eukaryotes; biodiversity, groups of organisms: populations, species; biological systematics, genetics and molecular biology, ecology, biological resources, their evaluation, sustainable use and protection.
The introduction of biological resources in marine biotechnology, bioremediation, aquaculture and other fields of blue technology.
- Proof of English language proficiency: IELTS > 5.5, TOEFL > 75, CEFR > B2.
- Entry qualification documents: Higher school certificate for Bachelor/University Bachelor (a minimum of 3 years) degree certificate and its supplement for Master’s studies.
- Minimum average grade (CGPA) >60%.
Some specific requirements may vary from country to country. You can find more information by visiting the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Environmental Physics
- Cell Biology
- Professional Foreign Language 1
- Biology Practice
- Environmental Chemistry
- Professional Foreign Language 2
- Professional Speech and Expression
- Biostatistics 1
- General Genetics
- Aquatic Bioresources
- Elective General Course 1
- Genetic egineering
- Laboratory practice
- Blue Technology
- Biology and Marine Biotechnology Project
- Physiology Of Organisms
- Microorganisms in Marine Biotechnology
- Biostatistics 2
- Blue Biotechnology Developement and Marketing
- Ichthyology and Introduction to Aquaculture
- Bachelor’s Thesis
- Inovative Methods for Marine Research
- Biological Monitoring
- Marine Organisms in Artificial Ecosystems
- Geographic Information Systems
- Microorganisms Research Methods
- Microorganisms Ecology
Tuition fees: €3769 per year
- Credits: 180 ECTS
- Award: BSc (Bachelor of Life Sciences)
Key learning outcomes
Knowledge and Its Application
- Will be able to apply fundamental knowledge of biology in fields of ecology, environmental protection, biological medicine and in other activities related to the fields of biology.
- Will be able to apply fundamental laws of physics, chemistry, biology, biochemistry, biophysics, genetics and methods of higher mathematics to identify, analyze and compare the biological systems and objects.
- Will be able to apply modern research methods in collecting and analyzing the data necessary for solving scientific and practical biological problems.
- Will be able to process, store, and prepare the study material according to the rules of bioethics in the laboratory and field conditions.
- Will be able to plan, organize, implement and evaluate biological experiment in the field and laboratory conditions.
- Will be able to choose independently and to apply creatively information technologies describing and modeling (analytically and numerically) biological objects.
- Will be able to communicate with the professionals and public solving professional tasks in the field of biology, presenting accomplished activities and its results in Lithuanian and foreign languages.
- Will be able to work in team developing and implementing national and international projects in the field of biology.
- Will be able to study and to plan further personal development process independently.
- Will be able to search and study the latest academic literature and to use other modern sources of information.
- Will be able to take a personal responsibility for the quality of the work as well as the responsibility for the quality of the work of personnel, based on bioethics and citizenship.
Graduates can work in life sciences, biomedicine, agriculture, environmental public and private institutions, modern biotechnology-based manufacturing companies, where technologies are associated with biological processes and study facilities. A Bachelor's degree in Biology, after an educational course, can be the basis for working as a biology teacher.
Message the school
About this institute
Klaipeda University is a multidisciplinary educational institution, a national and Baltic Region leader in the field of marine sciences and studies integrated into international academic networks, fosterer of cultural heritage, and a centre for lifelong learning. Established on 1 January...
Why study at Klaipeda University
- Diploma recognized worldwide
- Unique study programs, such as archeology and marine study programs
- Small and cozy
- At the sea
Want to know more about Biology and Marine Biotechnology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...