About this program
MSc in Economics & Finance
The Economics & Finance MSc from King's Business School provides rigorous coverage of both the theory and practice of economics and finance, driven by research, theory development, practical application and critical analysis.
Our course is designed to equip you with the economic and financial knowledge and skills you need to build a strong career in the business and finance sectors. You'll learn about micro and macroeconomics, financial markets & services and the relationship between finance and econometrics.
But you won't just learn the key quantitative skills you need for success. Our courses are underpinned by the underlying philosophies and methodologies of a social science approach to economics and finance. Numbers are important, but understanding how those numbers affect the wider world of finance and business is essential in the modern world.
A minimum high 2:1 undergraduate Bachelor’s (honours) degree with a final mark of at least 65% or above
If you have a lower degree classification or a degree in an unrelated subject, your application may be considered if you can demonstrate significant relevant work experience, or offer a related graduate qualification (such as a Master's or PGDip).
English language requirements
English language band: B
To study at King's, it is essential that you can communicate in English effectively in an academic environment. You are usually required to provide certification of your competence in English before starting your studies.
Nationals of majority English speaking countries (as defined by the UKVI) who have permanently resided in this country are not usually required to complete an additional English language test. This is also the case for applicants who have successfully completed an undergraduate degree (of at least three years duration), a postgraduate taught degree (of at least one year), or a PhD in a majority English speaking country (as defined by the UKVI) within five years of the course start date.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Pre-Sessional: Introductory Economics
- Pre-sessional Mathematics for Economics and Finance
- Pre-sessional Statistics for Economics & Finance
- Microeconomics; understanding firms, consumers and industries
- Macroeconomics; understanding national income, consumption and investment
- Econometrics; theory and application
- Principles of Finance
- Research Project
- Money, Macroeconomic Policy and the Financial System
- The Economics of Firm Behaviour
- Financial Derivatives
- Financial Econometrics
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the college website for more information.
Full time: £17,940 per year (2023/24)
Full time: £33,240 per year (2023/24)
- Modules designed in collaboration with both public and private sector employers, ensuring you're gaining the best knowledge, skills and experience while studying to access the career you want once you graduate.
- Gives students strong skills in the fields of economics and finance, producing graduates with skills highly sought after by economics consultancies, research institutions, banks and financial sector firms.
- Strong emphasis on data analysis equips students with skills that are easily transferrable to other industries, such as e-commerce, pharmaceutical, media, retail or hospitality.
Our MSc in Economics and Finance is designed to produce professionals with skills highly sought after by economics consultancies, research institutions, banks and financial sector firms. Although the program is economics and finance focused, given the wide-ranging applications of data analysis, the students will gain skills that are easily transferrable to a wide range of other industries, including e-commerce, hospitality, retail, pharmaceutical and media.
- Provide rigorous coverage of both the theory and practice of economics and finance and a high quality, research-based education of practical relevance in economics and finance that is driven by a combination of research, theory development, critical analysis, and practical application.
- Designed to cover contemporary empirical evidence in applied economics, with a focus on labour markets and the health and education sectors and/or international economics as well as internal workings of corporations, financial institutions and financial services firms and their inter-relationships.
As a Business School student you not only have full access to all the award winning events and resources from our central team King’s Careers and Employability service but a bespoke service curated especially for you by our dedicated careers team.
- Develop greater self-awareness of strengths, interests and values. Increase confidence in presenting yours authentic self to employers and making career decisions that work for you.
- Gain insight, make connections and uncover opportunities through our campus events and connections with world- leading organisations, alumni, thought leaders and investors.
- Sharpen your application skills for internships, placements, graduate schemes and jobs using cutting edge technology combined with personalised expert feedback and specialised workshops.
- Build an impressive portfolio of work relevant domain knowledge, leadership, workplace digital or technical skills through employer and professional programs and micro-certifications.
- Apply and hone your skills in a real world context. Access a world-class range of internships, placements, start-up incubators, leadership initiatives and focused diversity and inclusion opportunities.
About this institute
King's College London
King's College London is one of the top 35 universities in the world (QS World University Rankings 2022) and among the oldest in England (founded 1829). The university has more than 29,600 students, with just under 11,000 being international students from...
Be the first to write a review!