MSc in Banking & FinanceKing's College London
About this program
MSc in Banking & Finance
Build an excellent career in the banking and finance industry. Explore the challenges facing financial markets and the global banking sector. Uncover the complexities of intricate financial principles and data applications to investment problems.
Investment analysts, financial advisors and managers require a thorough understanding of many complex and challenging aspects of banking and financial markets, and our course is explicitly designed to equip you with these essential skills.
The MSc in Banking & Finance at King's Business School offers a comprehensive finance education. You'll discover a wide range of topics including commercial & investment banking, financial derivatives, risk management, financial regulation and behavioural finance. By the end of your course, you'll have all the skills you need for a huge range of careers across the sector.
A minimum high 2:1 undergraduate Bachelor’s (honours) degree with a final mark of at least 65% or above
If you have a lower degree classification or a degree in an unrelated subject, your application may be considered if you can demonstrate significant relevant work experience, or offer a related graduate qualification (such as a Master's or PGDip).
English language requirements
English language band: B
To study at King's, it is essential that you can communicate in English effectively in an academic environment. You are usually required to provide certification of your competence in English before starting your studies.
Nationals of majority English speaking countries (as defined by the UKVI) who have permanently resided in this country are not usually required to complete an additional English language test. This is also the case for applicants who have successfully completed an undergraduate degree (of at least three years duration), a postgraduate taught degree (of at least one year), or a PhD in a majority English speaking country (as defined by the UKVI) within five years of the course start date.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Quantitative Methods in Finance
- Commercial & Investment Banking
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Financial Derivatives
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the college website for more information.
Full time: £37,680 per year (2023/24)
Full time: £37,680 per year (2023/24)
- Theory & practice - Our teaching staff consists of expert academics conducting game-changing financial research, alongside active senior finance industry practitioners. This gives students the ultimate combination of practical skills and advanced conceptual understanding.
- Explore the challenges of tomorrow - our modules focus on areas that have major practical and theoretical application, such as investment analysis and management, portfolio creation and management, investment and commercial banking, asset and risk management, mergers and acquisitions, financial derivatives, quantitative financial analysis, taxation and banking regulation.
- Masterclasses - Our ungraded modules & masterclasses allow you to enhance your understanding of databases, software, programming & technology, including programs such as STATA, Matlab, R, Python, etc.
- State-of-the-art facilities - such as a virtual trading floor which provides exclusive access to the latest financial software used in the banking and finance industry, and access to specialised financial and economic databases and software used by economists in finance or in government. These facilities are coupled with a range of courses that familiarise you with such practical skills as trading and database use.
- The Banking and Finance MSc is an innovative course designed to provide you with an in-depth understanding of the finance and banking industry. The course will also equip you with essential research, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Our course focuses on such areas that have major practical and theoretical application as: investment analysis and management, portfolio creation and management, investment and commercial banking, asset and risk management, mergers and acquisitions, financial derivatives, quantitative financial analysis, taxation and banking regulation.
- The course is made up of optional and required modules, and you will complete the course in one year, studying September to September.
- You will study a range of required modules and, in addition to a compulsory dissertation, you will choose further related modules to support your study interests.
- This course is suitable for students who have studied finance previously at an undergraduate level, those who have studied management / business / economics, or those who come from quantitative disciplines such as Maths, Engineering or Physics.
- Employ industry standard techniques and methods used in modern banks and financial institutions.
- Apply knowledge and skills to solve theoretical and applied problems in finance.
- Critically evaluate the impact and effectiveness of current banking practices.
- Analyse the banking & financial systems of advanced and transitional economies.
- Communicate effectively and exhibit key skills valuable for both employment in the finance sector and lifelong learning.
As a Business School student you not only have full access to all the award winning events and resources from our central team King’s Careers and Employability service but a bespoke service curated especially for you by our dedicated careers team.
- Develop greater self-awareness of strengths, interests and values. Increase confidence in presenting yours authentic self to employers and making career decisions that work for you.
- Gain insight, make connections and uncover opportunities through our campus events and connections with world- leading organisations, alumni, thought leaders and investors.
- Sharpen your application skills for internships, placements, graduate schemes and jobs using cutting edge technology combined with personalised expert feedback and specialised workshops.
- Build an impressive portfolio of work relevant domain knowledge, leadership, workplace digital or technical skills through employer and professional programs and micro-certifications.
- Apply and hone your skills in a real world context. Access a world-class range of internships, placements, start-up incubators, leadership initiatives and focused diversity and inclusion opportunities.
About this institute
King's College London
King's College London is one of the top 35 universities in the world (QS World University Rankings 2022) and among the oldest in England (founded 1829). The university has more than 29,600 students, with just under 11,000 being international students from...
King's College London
Be the first to write a review!