Master in Translation and Localisation of Technical TextsKaunas University of Technology
Master in Translation and Localisation of Technical Texts
This master’s study program will mostly attract those who are willing to get more profound knowledge in translation and localization methodologies and technologies, as well as improve their skills in translation technology and management of translation projects. One of the greatest advantages of this study program is an opportunity to improve written translation skills in different language combinations. Graduates will be able to solve translation and localization issues, acquire skills in Lithuanization of software and texts online, translation of audio-visual media, and use of translation technology for translation, alignment, terminology management and other purposes.
Students will have the possibility to acquire individually chosen competences (in management, law, language studies, etc.) or select the career as an expert of the field (gain more profound knowledge in the field, necessary for solving scientific issues).
Topics covered are:
- Localization – software, websites, video games
- Written translation – translation technologies, project management, specialized texts
- Terminology – management, creation, terminology banks
- Translation of audio-visual media – process, requirements, quality
Please contact Kaunas University of Technology for information regarding fees.
Scholarships & funding
- All prospective students automatically become candidates to receive the International Student Scholarship which is assigned for the first year Bachelor or Masters students with strong academic record and motivation.
- EU nationals and global citizens of Lithuanian origin can study in the state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who are falling into one of the aforementioned categories, participate in the general admission’s competition for master’s studies and get the chance to study for free depending on their admission score.
Upon completion, graduates will be awarded a Master in Translation and Localisation of Technical Texts from Kaunas University of Technology.
Based on the data of the Lithuanian Labour Exchange, at least 80% of the programme graduates work in different translation companies, such as Skrivanek, Alma Littera, Softneta, Bretalita or as reelance translators. Favourable employment opportunities are guaranteed not only in Lithuania but also in the European Union institutions.
About this institute
Established in 1922, Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) provides studies and research in all areas answering the demands of today’s ever-changing world. Ranked the 1st in Lithuania by alumni employability and student satisfaction, KTU is among the top 500 world...
Why study at Kaunas University of Technology
Kaunas University of Technology is continuously investing in students’ happiness by improving their study environment and its quality, by providing opportunities to be active in sports, arts, students’ associations, and by helping them to build their confidence.
KTU, the main provider of research services for business and industry, one of the most active science institutions in Lithuania boasts impressive research facilities. In addition to state-of-the-art laboratories designed for studies, such as FabLab, Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab, Auto Diagnostics Lab and others, the laboratories of Santaka Valley and the Faculties equipped with the newest technology are open to student research and studies.
- One of the best technical universities in the Baltic States
- Opportunity to create a Start-up in the KTU Startup Space (KTU is the founder of the first academic Startup community in Lithuania)
- More than 30 various sports groups
- 6 types of mentors: peer, academic, career, and research mentors, social buddy and tutor
- >500 agreements with business and public organisations worldwide: NATO, BASF, ELSIS TS, Samsung, Hitachi, Bloomberg and others
- KTU Career Centre provides help in creating your CV and motivation letters as well as with other issues connected to career
- >300 partner universities provide opportunity to participate in the exchange programmes: studies and internships abroad.
Want to know more about Master in Translation and Localisation of Technical Texts? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.