Master in Translation and Localisation of Technical TextsKaunas University of Technology
Master in Translation and Localisation of Technical Texts
This master’s study program will mostly attract those who are willing to get more profound knowledge in translation and localization methodologies and technologies, as well as improve their skills in translation technology and management of translation projects. One of the greatest advantages of this study program is an opportunity to improve written translation skills in different language combinations. Graduates will be able to solve translation and localization issues, acquire skills in Lithuanization of software and texts online, translation of audio-visual media, and use of translation technology for translation, alignment, terminology management and other purposes.
Students will have the possibility to acquire individually chosen competences (in management, law, language studies, etc.) or select the career as an expert of the field (gain more profound knowledge in the field, necessary for solving scientific issues).
Topics covered are:
- Localization – software, websites, video games
- Written translation – translation technologies, project management, specialized texts
- Terminology – management, creation, terminology banks
- Translation of audio-visual media – process, requirements, quality
Please contact Kaunas University of Technology for information regarding fees.
Scholarships & funding
- All prospective students automatically become candidates to receive the International Student Scholarship which is assigned for the first year Bachelor or Masters students with strong academic record and motivation.
- EU nationals and global citizens of Lithuanian origin can study in the state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who are falling into one of the aforementioned categories, participate in the general admission’s competition for master’s studies and get the chance to study for free depending on their admission score.
Upon completion, graduates will be awarded a Master in Translation and Localisation of Technical Texts from Kaunas University of Technology.
Based on the data of the Lithuanian Labour Exchange, at least 80% of the programme graduates work in different translation companies, such as Skrivanek, Alma Littera, Softneta, Bretalita or as reelance translators. Favourable employment opportunities are guaranteed not only in Lithuania but also in the European Union institutions.
About this institute
Dating back to 1922, Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) has developed a great potential for studies and research and stays a leader in innovations and technologies in the Baltic States region. With 10,500 students and 1,000 academic staff, KTU strives...
Want to know more about Master in Translation and Localisation of Technical Texts? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.