Can the application of physics concepts, theories and methods save lives? It certainly can.
The teaching curriculum of KTU MSc in Medical Physics focuses on the use of ionising radiation for treatment and diagnosis of oncological diseases, and protection of individuals and the environment from unreasonable radiation.
This study programme is implemented together with the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, is adjusted to the medical physics study programmes around the globe and recognised by the International Organisation of Medical Physicists.
KTU MSc in Medical Physics is one of the few programmes of this kind delivered in English in Europe (except for the UK universities).
- State-of-the-art research facilities and equipment available for KTU students’ research
- Hands-on experience while working together with professionals in hospitals and medical care centres
- EC directive 2013/59/EURATOM regulated curriculum
What will you study?
- Ionising radiation: interaction of radiation with biomaterials, radiobiology
- Radiation therapy: methods, equipment for the treatment of oncological diseases, dosimetry
- Radiation diagnostics, radiology: methods, equipment for diagnostics of diseases, imaging
- Nuclear medicine: the use of radioactive materials for diagnostics and treatment of diseases
- Radiation protection and safety
- Maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible.
- Minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject.
- Proficiency in English
- IELTS ≥5.5, TOEFL ≥75, CEFR ≥B1, or equivalent
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
All international students automatically become candidates to receive the Scholarship for International Students, which is assigned for first-year Bachelor or Master students with strong academic records and motivation.
The residents of European Union countries and the global citizens of Lithuanian origin can apply for state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who fall into one of the aforementioned categories, will participate in the general admission’s competition for state-funded study places and get the chance to study free of charge, depending on their admission score.
Full-time studies fees for Foreign nationals with Lithuanian origins and EU citizens is 3737 €. Tuition fees for Full-time studies 4300 €.
Master of Health Sciences
- Medical physicist-expert
- Radiation protection expert
- Manager of medical diagnostics company
About this institute
Kaunas University of Technology
Established in 1922, Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) provides studies and research in all areas answering the demands of today’s ever-changing world. Ranked the 1st in Lithuania by alumni employability and student satisfaction, KTU is among the top 500 world...
Why study at Kaunas University of Technology
KTU, the main provider of research services for business and industry, one of the most active science institutions in Lithuania boasts impressive research facilities. In addition to state-of-the-art laboratories designed for studies, such as FabLab, Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab, Auto Diagnostics Lab and others, the laboratories of Santaka Valley and the Faculties equipped with the newest technology are open to student research and studies.
Want to know more about Master in Medical Physics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Indianapolis, United States of America