Master in Mechanical Engineering
The mechanical engineering program prepares specialists, who have knowledge of theoretical and computational mechanics, systematic analysis, and the design and operation of mechatronic systems.
Students of the program will be able to assess, model, analyse, design and optimize mechanical systems, solve obscure problems, summarizing the knowledge of mechanics and other areas, manage the activities of the teams of various specialists.
Partners: Festo, JSC IN RE, JSC Novameta Software: SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor Professional, Ls-Dyna, ANSYS, MSC Adams, Dytran, Nastran, Patran, Comsol Multiphysics
While working at the production company or science institution, a specialist uses contemporary software and is able to perform experimental, analytical and computer-aided research of various structures. Special skills are developed when one of the offered alternatives is chosen. Students can choose the alternatives of modules of Mechanical Systems Design, modules of Applied Computational Mechanics, modules of Production Technologies or modules of Materials engineering.
Graduates can perform research, design, organization and management of production and technical maintenance and other engineering expert work at the companies of various profiles, organizations of scientific research, engineering services and other technical support, as well as pedagogical work at the universities and colleges.
Admission requirements for the Master's in Mechanical Engineering at Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania are:
- a university Bachelor's degree (min. length - 180 ECTS) in mechanical engineering with a good average grade (min. CGPA>60%)
- motivation (skype interview)
- proficiency in English: IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or equivalent
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Please contact Kaunas University of Technology for information regarding fees.
Scholarships & funding
- All prospective students automatically become candidates to receive the International Student Scholarship which is assigned for the first year Bachelor or Masters students with strong academic record and motivation.
- EU nationals and global citizens of Lithuanian origin can study in the state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who are falling into one of the aforementioned categories, participate in the general admission’s competition for master’s studies and get the chance to study for free depending on their admission score.
Master of Mechanical Engineering
About this institute
Dating back to 1922, Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) has developed a great potential for studies and research and stays a leader in innovations and technologies in the Baltic States region. With 10,500 students and 1,000 academic staff, KTU strives...
Want to know more about Master in Mechanical Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.