Providing people with quality, safe and healthy food daily is one of the most important global challenges that food scientists and technologists are facing today.
By studying bachelor’s in Food Science and Technology at KTU, you will gain the interdisciplinary competencies and skills necessary for future food technologist in the fields of food chemistry, microbiology, nutrition, technology and engineering. Also, you will integrate speciality knowledge with the fundamentals of entrepreneurship and economics.
This is one of a few bachelor's study programmes in Lithuania in the field of food technology, and the only one that has been awarded the international EQAS-Food Label quality mark. KTU is the only university in the Baltic States that offers studies on an international level accredited with this quality mark.
- Access to the food technology labs, which are provided with pilot-scale technological lines used to model and perform various technological processes
- The students gain practical skills while working together with experienced food technologists, being involved in real-life problem solving
- The graduates of this programme are valued by the employers for their unique mix of skills and knowledge in food technologies, food engineering, food chemistry, and microbiology
What will you study?
- Nutrients: structure, properties, functions in food, functions in the human organism, analysis methods
- Micro-organisms: structure, properties, the prevalence in food, biochemical processes
- Technologies: design, organisation, production, ensuring safety and quality, food additives
- Engineering: facilities, processes, systems
High school / secondary education (or higher)
- a senior high school diploma with a good average grade (min. CGPA >60 %),
- maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible,
- minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject: final exams of Mathematics and Chemistry.
English Language requirements
- English (any level) Accepted proof of proficiency: FCE or CAE, IELTS 5.5+ or TOEFL 75+
- or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) standardised admission test.
- If your previous studies have been fully in English and it is marked on your degree certificate or transcript, or noted in a confirmation from the school which confirms that your studies have been fully in English language, additional English test may not be required.
- If an applicant does not have any official test, online examination may be organised by KTU.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
All international students automatically become candidates to receive the Scholarship for International Students, which is assigned for first-year Bachelor or Master students with strong academic records and motivation.
The residents of European Union countries and the global citizens of Lithuanian origin can apply for state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who fall into one of the aforementioned categories, will participate in the general admission’s competition for state-funded study places and get the chance to study free of charge, depending on their admission score.
Tuition fee: € 3,426 per year
All EU citizens are eligible for state funding. Please contact us for more information.
Awards: BSc (Bachelor of Technological Sciences)
Credits: 240 ECTS
The graduates find jobs easily in food business companies
Food industry is one of the most important and largest economic sectors in Lithuania. The employers value the graduates of this program due to their knowledge of food technologies, food engineering, food chemistry, and microbiology, as well as practical skills. The majority of potential employers are the graduates of this program themselves.
About this institute
Kaunas University of Technology
Established in 1922, Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) provides studies and research in all areas answering the demands of today’s ever-changing world. Ranked the 1st in Lithuania by alumni employability and student satisfaction, KTU is among the top 500 world...
Why study at Kaunas University of Technology
KTU, the main provider of research services for business and industry, one of the most active science institutions in Lithuania boasts impressive research facilities. In addition to state-of-the-art laboratories designed for studies, such as FabLab, Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab, Auto Diagnostics Lab and others, the laboratories of Santaka Valley and the Faculties equipped with the newest technology are open to student research and studies.
Want to know more about Bachelor in Food Science and Technology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...