Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Karolinska Institutet: A world-leading medical university
Karolinska Institutet (KI) in Stockholm, Sweden is one of the world's best medical universities. Founded in 1810 by King Karl XIII, Karolinska Institutet's mission is to contribute to the improvement of human health through research and education. Medical and health sciences research at Karolinska Institutet covers 40% of the medical and health research conducted in Sweden. Research carried out at Karolinska Institutet is possible due to the Karolinska Universitet Hospital and other medical teaching hospitals that are in the close vicinity.
Over 6,000 students attend 15 different undergraduate programmes, one-year or two-year master programmes, healthcare programmes, and single course programmes at Karolinska Institutet.
Karolinska Institutet: a global influence
Since 2009, Karolinska Institutet has been recognised as one of the top medical schools in the world. The Global Master's Programmes taught at KI are only taught in English. The programmes' emphasis on health and life sciences has allowed Karolinska Institutet's reputation for quality and innovation in these fields to become well established around the world.
Karolinska Institutet's global influence is furthered by the direct involvement with the world renowned Nobel Prize awards. Since 1901, KI has been selecting the Nobel Laureates for the Nobel Prize in Physiology/Medicine. Of the eight Swedish citizens who have won the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, five have been from Karolinska Institutet.
Why choose Karolinska Institutet?
There are many different reasons why prospective students choose to study at Karolinska Institutet. These students share this top medical university’s passion for research and drive to contribute to the overall improvement of human health. The following reasons make it so alluring to study at KI:
- KI is solely dedicated to the medical and health sciences disciplines, which means all resources and professors' focus is towards the same goals.
- KI is consistently ranked as one of the top 50 universities in the world, and top 10 medical schools in Europe.
- International students can find career and PhD opportunities after graduation from Karolinska Institutet.
- Professors at KI spend all their time teaching or conducting medical and health research; this allows professors to stay on top of developments within their fields and maintain close contact with their students.
- Almost 90% of people in Sweden speak English, which makes living in the beautiful, safe city of Stockholm (the capital of Sweden) an even more enjoyable place to study.
|Health & Well-Being|
|Global Master's Programme in Biomedicine||On campus||2 years||Stockholm|
|Global Master's Programme in Global Health||On campus||1 year||Stockholm|
|Global Master's Programme in Public Health Sciences||On campus||2 years||Stockholm|
|Joint Master's Programme in Health Informatics||On campus||2 years||Stockholm|
|Global Master's Programme in Bioentrepreneurship||On campus||2 years||Stockholm|
|Global Master's Programme in Toxicology||On campus||Stockholm|
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.