B.A. in Psychological ScienceJohn Cabot University
B.A. in Psychological Science
All available course dates
B.A. in Psychological Science
The Bachelor of Arts in Psychological Scienceprovides a solid base for the scientific study of individual and group behavior and mental processes within a liberal arts curriculum. It allows students to gain the discipline-specific knowledge essential to pursue further studies in Psychology and related fields (e.g., social work, education, business). It also allows students to develop and hone interpersonal, analytical, quantitative, and communications skills that can be employed in a variety of domains, from social services to science journalism, to sales and advertising.The Bachelor of Arts in Psychological Science provides a solid base for the scientific study of individual and group behavior and mental processes within a liberal arts curriculum. It allows students to gain the discipline-specific knowledge essential to pursue further studies in Psychology and related fields (e.g., social work, education, business). It also allows students to develop and hone interpersonal, analytical, quantitative, and communications skills that can be employed in a variety of domains, from social services to science journalism, to sales and advertising.
Please visit the university website for more information about admission requirements.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Statistical Analyses of Psychological Data
- Introduction to Research Methods
- Cognitive Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Two PS courses from two of four areas:
- One PS course from one of three areas:
- Clinical Psychology
- Industrial Organizational Psychology
- Educational Psychology
- Senior Seminar in Psychology
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents & Canadian citizens (10-17 credit hours): $24,900 US per year
- Citizens of countries other than the U.S. or Canada (10-17 credit hours): €18,000 per year
Learning Outcomes of the B.A. in Psychological Science
- Knowledge base in Psychology. Students should demonstrate knowledge and understanding of major concepts, theories, empirical findings and application in the main areas of psychology.
- Scientific Inquiry and Critical Thinking. Students should demonstrate adequate knowledge of the methods and procedures of scientific inquiry and develop scientific reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Communication. Students should demonstrate adequate competence in writing, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. They should be able to write persuasive scientific arguments, present information using the scientific approach, and express their own ideas with clarity.
- Ethical and social responsibility. Students should develop ethical and socially responsible behaviors for professional and personal settings. They should be familiar with the formal regulations that govern ethics in the profession (e.g., APA Ethics Code, Codice Deontologico degli Psicologi italiani, Office of Human Research Protections and IRB protocols) and be able to apply ethical standards to evaluate psychological science and practice.
- Professional Development. Students should be able to apply psychology-specific content and skills to workplace settings. They should develop and refine project-management skills, teamwork capacity, and career preparation.
About this institute
John Cabot University
At John Cabot University, Rome is your campus. JCU combines the best qualities of an American liberal arts college with the history and cultural heritage of the Eternal City. With its world-class faculty and students hailing from over 80 countries,...
Why study at John Cabot University
Located in the heart of the Eternal City, John Cabot University is a unique place. It combines the best qualities of American liberal arts education, with the history and rich cultural heritage of Rome, a city that is at the same time one of the cradles of western civilization and a vibrant center of international life.
Want to know more about B.A. in Psychological Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...