All available course dates
About this program
JMC's Acting program will prepare you to pursue a professional and sustainable career in performance - preparing not only the actor's knowledge and skill base but also the actor's process to meet the specific needs and nuances in this changing and diversifying performing arts industry.
The program has been developed by industry-leading experts as an address to an everchanging and constantly diversifying performing arts sector within Australia’s creative landscape, taking a contemporary and career-driven approach to higher education in performance.
The systems taught at JMC involve unique and dynamic processes of learning that will equip you with a robust and logical pathway to producing theatrical and cinematic performance. We are committed to nurturing versatility and flexibility for our graduates, enabling them to move with confidence between a variety of performance media, locations and contexts.
International undergraduate (Diploma + Bachelor Degree) applicants must show the following:
- Proof of English proficiency: minimum IELTS 6.0 overall (with no single band score below 5.5) or equivalent.
- Evidence of successful completion of a senior Secondary School certificate (transcripts and certificate must be translated and certified). For further information please see our 'Entry Requirements by Country'
- Attend an interview in person or online.
- Audition. More information on auditions will be provided upon application.
Applications will be accepted until 2 weeks before the course commences, but please note that visa applications can take considerably longer than two weeks to process. Please contact the Australian Embassy in your home country for recommended timeframes for processing your visa application.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- The Creative Impulse
- The Acting Foundation
- Introduction to Voice and Movement
- Introduction to Professional Practice
- Australian Theatre Performance
- Voice and Movement in Performance
- Actor as Filmmaker
- Acting Process and Analysis
- New Media and Performance
- Heightened Language Production
- Actor as Creator
- Australian Performance History and Culture
- Screen Performance for Showreel
- The Working Actor
- Advanced Acting Technique
- Theatre and Performance Styles
- Industry Theatre Production
- The Entrepreneurial Actor
- Career Sustainability
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the institute website.
- Domestic Students: $9,000 per trimester
- International Students: $11,300 per trimester (Total tuition fee: $67,800)
JMC Academy offers a Master of Creative Industries, a 2-year course-work Masters.
- Motion-capture Actor
- Music Theatre Performer
- Voice-over Artist
Message the school
About this institute
JMC Academy is a specialist creative industries education institution with campuses in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. Established 40 years ago, it was Australia's first private college to qualify for accreditation in the fields of Audio Engineering, Digital Television and Digital...
Why study at JMC Academy
At JMC Academy we are focussed on providing opportunities for students to create, connect and develop their craft in a supportive community. We keep our class sizes small so that we can get to know each students' aspirations, strengths, weaknesses and creative voice. Our small course offering of specialist creative industries disciplines means we can regularly update and refine our courses and tech to be future-focussed and relevant to industry developments. Our international network of like-minded institutions ensures we can benchmark our programs against international standards, ensuring our students are able to enter the workforce with confidence wherever in the world they go.
Want to know more about Acting? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America