In a world of fast-paced science and technology, one could face difficulties in finding a stable and rewarding career. The only way to keep up with the times and reach professional and financial success is to become an expert in the field which will remain relevant for decades to come.
Mechatronics and Robotics is a powerful industry which will definitely remain significant to the global economy in the many years ahead. So if you want to have a profitable and sustainable carrier, this Program is for you!
- develops understanding of modern trends and challenges in robotics and mechatronics and the ability to solve various industrial and research tasks using a wide range of methods and approaches;
- improves skills in effective use of modern information technologies for design of robotic and mechatronic systems;
- provides students with wide knowledge in control theory and algorithms, as well as various types of mechanisms, actuators and sensors used for design of robotic and mechatronic systems;
- develops skills in creative and non-standard approaches for the design of the structure, control algorithms and software for various robotic systems;
- improves soft skills including the ability to collaborate with colleagues working on projects in groups and effectively communicate with researchers around the world;
- trains qualified researchers and university teachers who are able to participate in R&D projects, as well as to share their knowledge with students.
After successful completion of the Program, students will:
- have wide knowledge in the field of robotics and mechatronics (robot programming from low (ARM, AVR, FPGA coding) to high (C/C++, Python) level using different development environments (Matlab, ROS, LabView; robot sensors and computer vision for navigation, motion planning, motion capture, and human-robot interfaces etc.)
- be able to use their knowledge and skills for solving various industrial and research tasks requiring a wide range of approaches and methods;
- effectively use information technologies in their professional activities;
- have complete understanding and wide knowledge in control algorithms, software, materials, mechanical parts, sensors and various types of actuators including electric, hydraulic, pneumatic and piezoelectric ones;
- have excellent communicative skills and use them for effective collaboration with colleagues and other researchers in the field.
About this institute
ITMO University Saint Petersburg
ITMO University in St. Petersburg is a recognized leader in optics, photonics and IT. Over the past few years, it has developed from a specialized technical institute into a trailblazer shaping the national education and research policy in Russia. We...
Want to know more about Robotics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.