Physics and Technology of Nanostructures
Would you like to build an exciting career in the rapidly growing field of nanostructures? Do you want to work hand in hand with the world's leading scientists and gain hands-on research in this perspective area? Then this Program is for you!
Benefits of the Program
- Wide range of elective courses for building individual study track based on personal interests
- World-class professors from ITMO
- Advanced lab equipment, special software appliances, and innovative educational technologies
- Unique opportunities for research, academic career, and international cooperation
- A unique blend of theoretical knowledge and practical experience for a successful career in the field of nanotechnologies worldwide
- provides a high level of understanding of physics and engineering disciplines, such as Photonics, Nanotechnology, Optoinformatics, Microfabrication, Practical use of Nanostructures, etc.;
- focuses on research and development of nanomaterials, nanostructures, micro- and nanosystems, as well as micro- and nanodevices. The objects of the study are semiconductor and metal nanoparticles, semiconductor quantum wells and threads, fullerenes, nanotubes, graphene, molecular complexes, doped semiconductor materials and liquid crystals.
- lets the students be deeply involved in research and hands-on project work under the supervision of the most prominent researchers in the fields of synthesis, discrimination and practical application of quantum nanostructures of various types in optoelectronics, photonics, biology, and medicine;
- offers research opportunities at ITMO Center of Information Optical Technology Lab for design, development, and fabrication of micro- and nanosystems and the largest cleanroom facilities in Scandinavia. The students have an excellent opportunity to participate in fascinating and relevant laboratory and hands-on project work supported by advanced scientific equipment of leading firms, namely, powerful laser systems; scanning, electron, and atomic force microscopes; spectral analysis equipment and numerous optical research setups.
The yearly tuition fee for this program is €3505, and the total tuition fee is €7010.
About this institute
ITMO University Saint Petersburg
ITMO University in St. Petersburg is a recognized leader in optics, photonics and IT. Over the past few years, it has developed from a specialized technical institute into a trailblazer shaping the national education and research policy in Russia. We...
Want to know more about Physics and Technology of Nanostructures? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.