Nanophotonics and Metamaterials
Master’s Degree program in Nanophotonics and Metamaterials is the only program in Russia as well as one of the few programs in the world that trains specialists in nanophotonics, nanotechnologies, and metamaterials. The program is led by ITMO Center of Nanophotonics and Metamaterials, one of the leading research centers in the field.
If you wish to take part in advanced research of new optical materials, methods of optical control and light interaction with matter, and to try your hand at new generation microwave development, this program is for you!
- Focuses on the study of metamaterials, the new materials that will revolutionize telecommunication, radio technology, and the power industry. The physics of metamaterials combines optics and nanophotonics, radiophysics and solid-state physics.
- Covers all fundamentals of electrodynamics, quantum mechanics, and solid-state physics. The wide range of special courses taught by research center staff includes up-to-date courses in nanophotonics, quantum optics, numerical methods, radiophysics, and others.
- Involves intensive laboratory studies using facilities of the center: optical instrumentation, radiofrequency measurements, and nanotechnology fabrication methods.
- Places students in active research teams, accelerating hands-on knowledge and professional growth.
- Offers a personalized track depending on students’ specialization.
- Opens doors to best PhD programs in universities all over the world in the field of physics and engineering. The Center of Nanophotonics and Metamaterials has industrial partners both in Russia and worldwide (i.e. Bosch and Samsung).
During the study process students work side by side with the leading researchers of Center of Nanophotonics and Metamaterials and international research laboratories:
- Laboratory of Nano-Opto-Mechanics
- Laboratory of Light-matter coupling in nanostructures
- Laboratory of Applied Radiophysics
Students get an opportunity to take research traineeship and improve their skills in the world’s leading research centers. Among the most popular internship destinations are Moscow, Novosibirsk, Tomsk, Zurich (Switzerland), Paris (France), New-York (the USA), Canberra (Australia), Helsinki (Finland), Tel-Aviv (Israel) and many others.
The yearly tuition fee for this program is €4094, and the total tuition fee is €8188.
About this institute
ITMO University Saint Petersburg
ITMO University in St. Petersburg is a recognized leader in optics, photonics and IT. Over the past few years, it has developed from a specialized technical institute into a trailblazer shaping the national education and research policy in Russia. We...
Want to know more about Nanophotonics and Metamaterials? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.