Msc in Economics
his Master programme is recommended for students with a good technical background who wish to obtain a rigorous, in-depth education in economic theory and policy at the graduate level, to prepare a successful career in research or as professional economists working for central banks, the banking industry, government institutions, and international organisations or as economic advisors and financial consultants. It also provides a rigorous preparation for students who wish to advance to a PhD program.
The degree consists of one year of full-time coursework, plus one year for research and writing a dissertation. Both semesters in the first year provide solid foundations in the core subjects (microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics) and equip you with the tools of economic analysis, while allowing you to choose four additional courses in the field. In the final two semesters, you will develop your dissertation under the supervision of a faculty member and will benefit from additional guidance in a seminar on economic research. The full programme provides 120 ECTS credits.
Information regarding COVID-19
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the Portuguese government has temporarily closed all schools and universities from March 12th 2020.
In light of this, ISCTE - Instituto Universitário de Lisboa will be suspending face-to-face classes and offering all programs remotely instead. For more information about this, please contact the university.
The following documents must be uploaded into the online application form:
- Diploma/Transcript of Records from the bachelor's degree awarded by a university or institution of higher education;
- ID card/Passport
- Proficiency in the English language (optional);
- The results of GMAT or GRE exam (optional)
Candidates still concluding their undergraduate degree must also add:
- Declaration of Commitment (download available on application form)
- Transcript of Records with current grading
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
MSc in Economics aims to prepare students for advanced professional work, in national or international institutions. Therefore the general objectives of the programme are:
- To provide students with a deeper knowledge of theoretical and empirical constructs in the main fields within Economics at an international level;
- To promote the development of modelling ability in economic theory and the use of advanced methods and techniques;
- To stimulate analytical and critical thought on the different approaches to economic issues;
- To stimulate the development of capabilities in autonomous and original work, promoting excellence in thought and action;
- To develop the students’ ability to summarise and communicate their work;
- To gain a level of economic knowledge enabling students to achieve high-quality performance suitable for various hierarchical levels and professional occupations.
Tuition Fees for International Students* 2019/2020 is 9.800 EUR
Tuition Fees for National Students 2019/2020 is 4.500 EUR
About this institute
ISCTE-University Institute of Lisbon
Founded in 1972, the University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE-IUL) is one of the most prestigious public universities in Portugal, particularly focused on postgraduate studies and scientific research. It is organized in four schools: ISCTE Business School, School of Sociology and...
Want to know more about Msc in Economics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...