Social Psychology of Health
The creation of the MSc in Social Psychology of Health represents a commitment of the ISCTE-IUL School of Social and Human Sciences in order to offer specialized quality training in an applied area of great impact
in the labor market: Health.
It is, on the other hand, the maturation of a line of research that, since 2000, has been developed at the School of Social and Human Sciences in research projects funded by FC T, in master's and
doctoral theses successfully carried out in partnerships with colleagues national and foreign, and in a variety of relevant scientific output (articles published in scientific journals and communications made at scientific meetings).
We now seek, in a more structured way, to create a training space that allows both professionals and recent graduates to enjoy this heritage. In particular, we propose to our students the acquisition of knowledge and the development of competencies in the health area, but in an innovative perspective: that of a Health Psychology that sees beyond the individual behavior and that is interested in the study of the interactions of the
people with the social environment that surrounds them. This is our challenge: to come with us to work in Health Psychology with a social perspective
By the end of the Master the student will be able to:
- Know, differentiate and empirically evaluate the main models for the diagnosis and intervention in Social Psychology of Health (SPH)
- Integrate and apply the knowledge acquired in a way adapted to the context, to the identification of needs and development of intervention plans in the domain of SPH;
- Develop, in an original and autonomous way, research ideas in the domain of SPH;
- Present, disseminate and discuss the results of the research and intervention produced in the SPH domain; Besides, students who have a first degree in Psychology should also be able to:
- Integrate and apply the knowledge in SPH in order to diagnose complex situations and to plan and implement interventions in real work or community contexts.
The Learning outcomes are operationalized by the logical sequence of the contents of the syllabi and measured by their respective assessment methodologies.
About this institute
ISCTE-University Institute of Lisbon
Founded in 1972, the University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE-IUL) is one of the most prestigious public universities in Portugal, particularly focused on postgraduate studies and scientific research. It is organized in four schools: ISCTE Business School, School of Sociology and...
Want to know more about Master's degree in Social Psychology of Health? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...