The Master in Computer Engineering provides specialized training in innovative areas of Computer Science Engineering . The Master has two areas of specialization : Multimedia and Information Systems and Knowledge Management.
The area of specialization in Multimedia endows the students with the knowledge to specify , design and develop multimedia projects and products , ensuring an integrated way to manage the expectations of customers and developing mechanisms for monitoring the quality of the project / product in successive stages of testing and technical validation and functional .
The area of specialization in Information and Knowledge Management Systems endows the students with the knowledge to specify , design and develop systems that address the knowledge and apply it to generate capital gains in its business environment, not forgetting the impact of organizational culture to which they belong.
MCSE has also been recognized by ENAEE - European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education, the European body responsible for issuing the EUR-ACE quality label, represented in Portugal by the Ordem dos Engenenheiros, as a high quality engineering degree programme, awarding its graduates the title of European Accredited Engineer.
For more details visit University website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The graduates from the master in Computer Engineering will be able to perform crucial roles in very demanding areas needing innovation, such as:
- Keeping a memory of the institutional organization in order to respond to challenges deriving from change, through a correct response from the information systems, and learning from the business models;
- Modeling and developing multimedia content, representing the necessary information in a given area (e.g. entertainment, games, education / training content for e-learning and b-learning, film and digital video, business information systems);
- Integrating different sources and formats of information in an information system;
- Specify, design and develop multimedia projects and applications in the area of computer simulations (e.g. applied to medicine, training systems, applied to complex models, applied to social sciences, etc.);
- Research and develop new software tools and applications (multimedia databases, virtual reality, multimodal human - machine interfaces, entertainment and imaging, intelligent agents, etc.);
- Carry out research and development (R&D) activities.
About this institute
ISCTE-University Institute of Lisbon
Founded in 1972, the University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE-IUL) is one of the most prestigious public universities in Portugal, particularly focused on postgraduate studies and scientific research. It is organized in four schools: ISCTE Business School, School of Sociology and...
Want to know more about Master's degree in Computer Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.