Bachelor's in Human Resources Management (in Portuguese only)ISCTE-University Institute of Lisbon
About this program
Bachelor's in Human Resources Management (in Portuguese only)
The main purpose of the BSc in Human Resources Management is to prepare Human Resources professionals. To do so, we train students with the main current techniques required for the effective performance of the functions of a Human Resources Manager. We do this by familiarising them with the most modern and advanced practices and models.
An international candidate is considered to be one who:
- has no Portuguese nationality;
- is not national of a member state of the European Union;
- is not a family member of Portuguese or EU national;
- has not resided legally in Portugal for more than two years uninterruptedly;
- has not applied for entry into higher education through the special regimes;
- does not enjoy equal rights and duties under an international treaty granted between the Portuguese State and that of which they are nationals.
An international candidate wishing to apply for an Iscte programme competes through a Special Competition, managed by Iscte – University Institute of Lisbon. In other words, the application is presented and analyzed by the Iscte, through the Candidature Analysis Commission of the undergraduate programme for which the candidate has applied.
For further information on admission requirements, please contact the institute.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Data Analysis for Human Resources Management I
- Financial Accounting I
- Labour Law
- Research Methods
- Social and Organizational Psychology
- Data Analysis for Human Resources Management II
- Management Accounting I
- Ict'S for Management
- Fundamentals of Management
- Professional Presentations (optional)
- Technical Report Writing (optional)
- Business English (optional)
- Elective Courses
- Data Analysis for Human Resources Management III
- Analisys and Corporate Finance
- Performance Appraisal
- Career and Reward Management
- Labour Relations
- Organizational Behavior
- Systems of Work Design
- Human Development and Training
- Personnel Policies and Regulations
- Safety and Health at Work
- Organizational Communication
- Deontology and Professional Competences in Hrm
- Organizational Diagnosis and Organizational Change
- Conflicts Management and Negotiation
- Recruitment and Selection
- Personnel Economics
- Strategic Management
- Quality Management
- Marketing Management
- Elective Courses
In this degree, as in all the programmes made available by Iscte Business School, its students are provided with several human skills training courses.
The close atmosphere between students and faculty is evident. It is embodied in collegial practices of managing the learning experience, in the intense support given to the economics students nucleus (NAE), in the existence of a weekly timetable to attend to students, in the provision of permanent contact via e-mail, and in close liaison with former students throughout their professional lives.
With the exception of some first year subjects, all courses are organised in theoretical-practical classes. The aim is to increase the contact of each professor with their students and ensuring that each class has a number of students that favours the best possible learning experience.
Thematic Workshops and Training
Iscte Business School promotes a wide range of extra-curricular activities to prepare students for the job market.
In addition, some thematic workshops and trainings are promoted throughout the academic year. Some examples are sessions to build CVs and Cover Letters, preparation sessions for Interviews, Psychotechnical Tests, Group Dynamics, among other initiatives.
Tuition fee for EU Citizens: €2,091 (€697 per year)
Tuition fee for Non-EU Citizens: €21,000 (€7,000 per year)
Graduates in Human Resources Management have the proper knowledge and preparation to perform functions in many different business areas, such as:
- Administrative Advisor in the Area of Human Resources:
- Consultant and Specialist in Strategic Consulting, Restructuring, Change & Innovation Organizational, and Conflict Management Firms
- Consultant and Specialist in Companies Specialized in Personnel Management (Audit, Outplacement, Labor Relations, Executive Search, Selection and Recruitment)
- Management and Human Resources Expert for Large and Medium-sized Enterprises and other Organizations.
Message the school
About this institute
ISCTE-University Institute of Lisbon
Founded in 1972, the University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE-IUL) is one of the most prestigious public universities in Portugal, particularly focused on postgraduate studies and scientific research. It is organized in four schools: ISCTE Business Institute, Institute of Sociology and...
Want to know more about Bachelor's in Human Resources Management (in Portuguese only)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!