Insituto Politecnico do Porto emphasizes the “search for excellence”, “a sustainable evolution” and “the specificity and pertinence of its educational offer”.
Instituto Politecnico do Porto - IPP began its activity in 1985 as a result of the 1979 re-definition of the national education strategy which re-instated polytechnic universities. With locations in Porto, Matosinhos, Póvoa de Varzim, Vila do Conde and Felgueiras the IPP forms an academic community of over 16.000 students. IPP incorporates 7 schools all offering a range of 3-year bachelor corresponding to 180 ECTS credits and four / five year Licenciatura degrees, corresponding to 240 / 300 ECTS credits. The curricula are structured in a two-cycle plan that provides students with the choice to take only the first cycle (Bacharelato) or to further their education and complete the second cycle (Licenciatura). Many of the schools also offer a variety of vocationally oriented courses. Master degrees are granted under cooperation protocols with partner universities. The schools of IPP are: The IPP is constituted by organic units:
- School of Engineering ISEP
- School of Accountancy and Administration ISCAP
- School of Education ESE
- School of Music and Performing Arts ESMAE
- School of Management and Industrial Studies ESEIG
- School of Technology and Management of Felgueiras ESTGF
- School of Allied Health Sciences ESTSP
International Policy at IPP IPP began the implementation of its internationalisation policy in 1989 and by 2003/2004 cooperation activities involved 22 countries in Europe, America and Africa and over 150 institutions and organisations. ECTS is used as an important tool for international cooperation and the IPP ECTS Information Packages may be viewed and downloaded at the IPP web site. Foreign students are welcome to use all the facilities: bars, canteens (one at each School), central library, information labs, sports complex, medical assistance office, the piano-bar and the theatre. The Instituto Politecnico do Porto also has a Student Support Office created in 2002 seeking to contribute to the well being and development of the students. The services available are:
- Counselling on personal, academic and professional levels;
- Workshops on personal relations and communication skills development;
- Information about IPP events and on Porto city, through e-mail;
- Support on professional integration on labour market and career guidance;
- Promotion of initiatives on Voluntary Service.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!