Institut Paul Bocuse
LEARN BETTER, DREAM BRIGHTER
Inspired by the visionary leadership of our two iconic founders –Paul Bocuse and Gérard Pélisson– Institut Paul Bocuse has developed into a renowned International School of Culinary Arts, Hospitality and Food Service Management.
Institut Paul Bocuse trains more than 1,000 students each year, representing 55 nationalities studying on 10 international campuses. From undergraduate through to doctoral level, our courses benefit from an innovative teaching approach recognised by the 2017 Worldwide Hospitality Awards and Hotel Schools of Distinction. Institut Paul Bocuse is also member of the elite Conférence des Formations d’Excellence du Tourisme (CFET).
For more than 29 years, Institut Paul Bocuse vocation has been to share our expertise and know-how internationally, supporting development projects in numerous countries upon the request of public or private institutions. We’ve built our development strategy upon an educational hub created in partnership with the best schools and universities in the world and our network of several thousand alumni located in more than 80 countries across the globe.
We’ll help you fulfill your dreams and so much more:
- Discover a myriad of new career opportunities.
- At Institut Paul Bocuse, you’ll be able to display your talent whilst working with the very best, including a multiskilled team of 150 industry professionals and leading professors renowned for their expertise, including a team of prestigious Chefs, Meilleurs Ouvriers de France and 50 PhDs
- You’ll be able to experiment your technical, behavioural and managerial skills in a unique real-life working environment.
- We’ll offer you fantastic opportunities to travel and personalize your studies on an international exchange at one of our 20 overseas partner schools.
- Build yourself an inspirational and international future: 80% of our graduates’ first jobs are as managers, moving up quickly to senior management positions.
|Tourism & Hospitality|
|Culinary Arts||Delivery method||Length||Location|
|Bachelor in International Culinary Arts Management||On campus||3 years||Ecully|
|Bachelor in International Hospitality Management||On campus||4 years||Ecully|
|Bachelor in International Food Service Management||On campus||4 years||Ecully|
|Tourism & Hospitality|
|Master's Degree in Culinary Leadership & Innovation||On campus||18 months||Ecully|
|MSc in International Hospitality Management||On campus||16 months||Multiple (3)|
Why study at Institut Paul Bocuse
- A unique approach to learning with a real-world environment includes 6 training restaurants, a 5-stars school hotel and an apartment hotel
- Students work alongside an exceptional and multiskilled international team
- Tailor-made programme with a team of Talent Managers
- A rich and varied campus life
- Recognised qualifications
Awards & Accreditations
most innovative international programme
Worldwide Hospitality Awards(2017)
MSc in International Hospitality Management
Best Masters in Hospitality Management, Eduniversal (2019)
Undergraduate degree in Tourism and Hospitality category
Eduniversal (Since 20019)
Hotel Schools of Distinction
registered & Approved
Ministry of Higher Education, Research & Innovation
Student services & facilities
- Our International Student Affairs team help students with administrative procedures (help with obtaining your visa, French Social Security Office formalities, setting up a bank account, access to our housing service)
- Our Talent Managers are on hand to guide each student throughout their studies at Institut Paul Bocuse and will work with them personally to decide on their development plan
Institut Paul Bocuse’s main campus is located just a few minutes from Lyon city centre (France), the gastronomic capital of France renowned for its attractive quality of life. A modern campus will open its doors in 2020.
Institut Paul Bocuse also has 10 international campuses worldwide (Peru, Singapore, South Korea, Japan, Guatemala, China, Finland, Russia).
The school is located on a campus designed to help our students find the right balance between work and leisure thanks to our vibrant Students' Unions. Our Feel Good Campus team will encourage them to get involved in a range of activities organised by clubs and societies covering in sports (tennis, yoga, football, cross training..), charity work, culture and the arts. Happy, ambitious and confident students is what best defines our school!
Various student events are organized throughout the year : welcome week, graduation ceremony, culinary competitions, sports competitions with other schools, conference on cultural and societal issues.
Then, our International Student Affairs team is available to help students with administrative formalities and every month this department organizes cultural activities for our international students. We offer several activities on Saturdays or Sundays to discover Lyon and the customs and traditions of France: guided city tour, tee time at Bernachon pastry shop, discovery of the silk museum, open-air market, Wine & Chocolate or Lavender & Nougat days. Joining Institut Paul Bocuse also means experiencing the French way of life!
Located just 5 minutes on foot from the school, our halls offer 114 bedrooms equipped with a private bathroom (1st year international students are given priority for campus accommodation, subject to availability).
Scholarships & funding
Institut Paul Bocuse students are eligible to apply for the Eiffel Excellence Programme Scholarship, offered by the Ministry for European and Foreign Affairs. The scholarship is available to Master's degree students agend under 30.
Each year, the G&G Pélission Foundation for Institut Paul Bocuse offers scholarships to talented students aged under 28 who have achieved excellent academic results.
Please inquire for more information about our programme fees.
Average rating 5Based on 4 reviews
Want to get more information about this institute and its programs? Fill out the following form and we'll pass it on directly to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.