About this program
Certificate in Ship Recycling
Learn the fundamentals of ship recycling and the role it plays within sustainability.
Develop an understanding of end-of-life policies, the whole recycling supply chain process, the effects that ship recycling has upon sustainability and the commercial aspects for your company.
- Module 1 - The Global Ship Recycling Industry
- Module 2 - Introduction to Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM) as per MEPC 269 (68)
- Module 3 - Development of Ship Recycling Facility Plan (SRFP) as well as Ship-Specific Recycling Plan (SRP)
- Module 4 - Ship Recycling Process and Risk Assessment
- Module 5 - Hazardous Waste Management
- Module 6 - Health, Safety and Environmental Monitoring of the Ship Recycling Process
- Module 7 - Carbon Footprinting of the Ship Recycling Process
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project
Book on or before 1 July 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £1619.10 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £1619.10 | $2186.10
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £1619.10 | $2186.10
Book after 1 July 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £1799 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
What you'll learn
- The global ship recycling industry, its history, locations of ship recycling yards, and the material recovered and waste generated from the process
- The IHM, its requirements, and how to understand an IHM report
- How to prepare a SRFP and a SRP as per the regulations
- The process of ship recycling, from landing/inter-tidal landing to the complete recycling, as well as the risk assessment of the work involved in ship recycling
- Hazardous waste management, and its SOPs
- The best practices for the EHS monitoring of the recycling process
- Explore the carbon footprint of the process, as well as look at responsible ship recycling and CSR
Message the school
About this institute
We are part of the Informa Connect division of Informa PLC, a FTSE 100 company with a network of Internationally respected brands that connect specialists through events, training, intelligence and scholarly publishing. Our purpose is to connect our customers to...
Want to know more about Certificate in Ship Recycling? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!