Bachelor of Science in Energy EngineeringIndiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis
Bachelor of Science in Energy Engineering
All available course dates
Bachelor of Science in Energy Engineering
We combine courses from chemistry, mechanical engineering, physics and electrical engineering to create a strong knowledge base essential to success in this industry. Students also have the opportunity to take courses concentrating on critical energy issues such as green building, hybrid and electric transportation, fuel cells and bio fuels, and energy systems such as wind, solar and nuclear.
Whether entering the workforce directly or continuing on to further education, graduates of this program will leave equipped to tackle the exciting and meaningful challenges ahead on the energy horizon.
Admission Requirements for Freshman Students
We use the following standards when making admission decisions:
- You have completed or will complete secondary school by the time of enrollment;
- No grade point average guarantees admission to IUPUI. We look for applicants who have demonstrated a "B" average or above average grades, with strong grades in math and science;
- SAT or ACT exam scores are not required for admission nor our merit scholarships. However, scores may be required for competitive scholarships.
- You must meet our English language Proficiency standards.
Secondary School Graduation
You must earn a diploma from an accredited secondary school or examination results that show an equivalent level of academic achievement such as “O” levels or a general equivalency diploma (GED) to be eligible for admission. If you are homeschooled or attend an alternative school, you should submit credentials that demonstrate equivalent levels of achievement and ability.
English Language Requirements
You may demonstrate your English proficiency by submitting any of the following test results within two years of the test date.
- TOEFL (iBT) -60
- IELTS - 5.5
- SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing) - 410
- ACT (English) School - 17
- Duolingo English Test - 90 Due to recent cancellations of English language proficiency test dates, we will accept (for a limited time) Duolingo English Test (DET) scores issued after July 15, 2019.
- IUPUI Program for Intensive English (PIE) - Level 5
- Any ELS center located in the US or Canada - Level 109
- GCSE or GCE O Level in English language - Grades A-C
- International Baccalaureate - Higher Level English A1 or A2 Certificate, grade of 4 or higher
- Freshman English Composition Course - "C" grade or higher (equivalent to IUPUI W131) from a regionally accredited U.S. University
- English Speaking Countries - If you have completed your secondary education in one of these countries
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
Total tuition fee: $48,393 per year
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
About this institute
Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) in Indiana, USA, is considered the state’s premier urban research university. Combining the resources of two prestigious universities with a downtown location, IUPUI offers students the opportunity to earn a respected degree from Indiana University...
Why study at Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis
There are students from over 140 countries represented on campus, making us one of the most diverse in the nation. Additionally, IUPUI is the only university in the United States with two universities on one campus, meaning you get the benefits of being both an Indiana University (IU) and a Purdue University student. Depending on your major, you receive either an IU or a Purdue degree.
You can receive a world-class education, large merit-based scholarships, and study close to major business hubs that frequently recruit students for internships and jobs. Lastly, this is a great location for anyone that would prefer living in a city instead of a college town.
Want to know more about Bachelor of Science in Energy Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Potsdam, United States of America
Chicago, United States of America