Bachelor of Science in Biomedical EngineeringIndiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis
Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering
All available course dates
Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering
The program educational objectives of our biomedical engineering undergraduate program are to integrate engineering and life science principles into a comprehensive curriculum that produces graduates who can achieve the following career and professional accomplishments, if desired: Meet employer expectations in medical device companies or other health or life science related industries. Pursue and complete advanced graduate degrees in biomedical engineering, or related engineering or life science areas. Pursue and complete advanced professional degree programs in medicine, law, business, or other professional areas.
Admission Requirements for Freshman Students
We use the following standards when making admission decisions:
- You have completed or will complete secondary school by the time of enrollment;
- No grade point average guarantees admission to IUPUI. We look for applicants who have demonstrated a "B" average or above average grades, with strong grades in math and science;
- SAT or ACT exam scores are not required for admission nor our merit scholarships. However, scores may be required for competitive scholarships.
- You must meet our English language Proficiency standards.
Secondary School Graduation
You must earn a diploma from an accredited secondary school or examination results that show an equivalent level of academic achievement such as “O” levels or a general equivalency diploma (GED) to be eligible for admission. If you are homeschooled or attend an alternative school, you should submit credentials that demonstrate equivalent levels of achievement and ability.
English Language Requirements
You may demonstrate your English proficiency by submitting any of the following test results within two years of the test date.
- TOEFL (iBT) -60
- IELTS - 5.5
- SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing) - 410
- ACT (English) School - 17
- Duolingo English Test - 90 Due to recent cancellations of English language proficiency test dates, we will accept (for a limited time) Duolingo English Test (DET) scores issued after July 15, 2019.
- IUPUI Program for Intensive English (PIE) - Level 5
- Any ELS center located in the US or Canada - Level 109
- GCSE or GCE O Level in English language - Grades A-C
- International Baccalaureate - Higher Level English A1 or A2 Certificate, grade of 4 or higher
- Freshman English Composition Course - "C" grade or higher (equivalent to IUPUI W131) from a regionally accredited U.S. University
- English Speaking Countries - If you have completed your secondary education in one of these countries
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- First Year Seminar for Engineering Majors
- Analytic Geometry and Calc. I
- Introduction to Engineering
- Concepts of Biology I
- Elementary Composition I
- Introduction to Programming Concepts
- Analytic Geometry and Calc. II
- Multidimensional Mathematics
- Principles of Chemistry I
- Experimental Chemistry I
- Computer Tools for Engineers
- Introductory Biomechanics
- Biomechanics Lab
- Introduction to Engineering Technical
- Multivariate Calculus
- Heat Electricity & Optics
- Principles of Chemistry II
- Introductory Biomeasurements
- Biomeasurements Lab
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Cell Biology
- Fundamentals of Speech Communication
- Gen Ed Cultural Understanding Competency
- Biosignals and Systems
- Biomedical Computing
- Implantable Materials and Biological Response
- Implantable Materials Lab
- Technical Data Reporting and Presentation
- Organic Chemistry I
- Gen Ed Arts & Humanities Competency
- Professional Development & Design in BME
- Probability and Applications in BME
- Cell and Tissue Mechanics
- Cell and Tissue Lab
- Applied Biomaterials
- Biofluid Mechanics
- Quantitative Physiology in BME
- Transport Processes in BME
- Biomedical Engineering Design
- BME/ENGR Elective
- BME/Sci/Tech Elective
- >Biomedical Engineering Design II
- BME/ENGR Elective
- BME/Science/Technical Elective
- Gen Ed Social Sciences Competency
- Gen Ed Arts & Humanities OR Social Science Competency
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
Total tuition fee: $48,393 per year
Upon completing the undergraduate BME degree, our students will possess:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgement to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
About this institute
Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) in Indiana, USA, is considered the state’s premier urban research university. Combining the resources of two prestigious universities with a downtown location, IUPUI offers students the opportunity to earn a respected degree from Indiana University...
Why study at Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis
There are students from over 140 countries represented on campus, making us one of the most diverse in the nation. Additionally, IUPUI is the only university in the United States with two universities on one campus, meaning you get the benefits of being both an Indiana University (IU) and a Purdue University student. Depending on your major, you receive either an IU or a Purdue degree.
You can receive a world-class education, large merit-based scholarships, and study close to major business hubs that frequently recruit students for internships and jobs. Lastly, this is a great location for anyone that would prefer living in a city instead of a college town.
Want to know more about Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Honolulu, United States of America