Occupational Therapy (M.S.)
Occupational therapy is a dynamic, growing healthcare profession that helps people to maintain, or regain the skills required for the “occupations” of life! Occupational therapists work with people of all ages in a range of settings such as their homes, the community, hospitals and schools. For example, physical or emotional challenges can interfere with the ability to participate in tasks of daily living such as work, play and leisure, self-care or caring for others. As an occupational therapist you will help people to enjoy life to its fullest as you help them participate in the job of living.
Applicants who have completed a 4-year undergraduate baccalaureate degree in another major and/or from another institution who would like an entry-level degree in occupational therapy may apply for the MS-only program. The Office of Graduate Admissions coordinates admission to the MS-only. Because MS only students already have an undergraduate degree they do not need to meet the general education requirements offered in the first two years of our program, but must meet pre-requisite courses listed below. The admissions requirements for this option include a bachelor's degree in a related or non-related field with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0. In addition all of the following pre-requisite course work must be completed with a grade of C+ or better prior to the start of the M.S. in Occupational Therapy program:
- General Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Introduction to Research
- Principles of Sociology or Cultural Anthropology
- Anatomy and Physiology - 8 credits (6 in course work; 2 in lab)
- Human Growth and Development
As with the BS applicants the program requires 20 hours of volunteering or “shadowing” an Occupational Therapist in at least two specialty areas of Occupational Therapy.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Occupational Therapy Classes
- Introduction to Public Health
- Health Economics and Policy
- Occupational Analysis
- Principles of Human Movement & Occupational Performance
- Theory & Assessment I
- Professional Foundations of Occupational Therapy
- Theory & Assessment II
- Functional Anatomy
- Professional Integration A: Advocacy and Social Context
- Integrative Health I: Wellness
- Children & Youth I
- Children & Youth II
- Mental Health I
- Mental Health II
- Rehabilitation & Participation I
- Rehabilitation and Participation II
- Context and Environment
- Professional Integration B: Service Delivery and Management
- Professional Integration C: Professional Responsibilities and Leadership
- Research & Evidence-based Practice I
- Research & Evidence-based Practice II
- Level Two Fieldwork IIA
- Level Two Fieldwork IIB
- Clinical Integration: Research and Evidence-based Practice
- Seminar: Research & Evidence-based Practice III
- Integrative Health II: Spirituality
- Upper Extremity: Research and Evidence-Based Practice 3
- Neurorehabilitation: Research & Evidence-Based Practice
- Work & Industry: Research and Evidence-Based Practice
Select one of the following:
- Graduate Business Electives
- Graduate Health Elective
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Our flexible course schedules, full-time and part-time tracks, multiple locations and online learning options make it possible for you to earn your degree with the flexibility you need as a working professional.
$710 per credit hour
About this institute
At Husson University, it’s all about you. You won’t be lost in a crowd. You’ll learn from professors who care about you. You’ll learn hands-on, earning a degree and skills that will prepare you for a rewarding, successful career. Best...
Want to know more about Occupational Therapy (M.S.)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Potsdam, United States of America
Melbourne (Australia), Australia