B.S. in Nursing
The Husson University/Eastern Maine Medical Center Nursing Program brings together two institutions that share a commitment to excellence in teaching and to the relevance of practical experience. Graduates of the program are prepared to enter a wide variety of practice settings as beginning professional nurses. Potential settings for practice include all areas of hospital nursing, ranging from critical care to newborn nursery, as well as community health, clinic, psychiatric, and long term care settings. Baccalaureate degree graduates also are prepared to pursue specialized nursing study at the master’s degree level.
The program provides a strong base in the arts and sciences, both as a theoretical foundation for nursing practice and as a component of a well-rounded education. Clinical experience in nursing is integrated throughout the program of study. The nursing faculty are proficient in their theoretical knowledge and active in their respective clinical areas, providing students with role models for excellence in patient care.
A state-of-the art learning resource laboratory located on the University campus allows students to have extensive practice in developing and refining critical-thinking and psychomotor skills. High-fidelity and hybrid simulation opportunities provide valuable active-learning in a safe practice environment for all students throughout the program. The goal of all learning experiences is to prepare professional nurses who, upon graduation, are theoretically knowledgeable, clinically competent, and compassionate care providers.
Throughout the program, emphasis is placed on building upon the student’s past learning experience. In keeping with overall University policies, transfer, CLEP and proficiency examination options are available to students who have completed appropriate educational experiences prior to entering the program. Part-time alternatives for working students who wish to pursue a baccalaureate degree are available.
First-year international applicants must submit official copies of one test that assesses English competency. Husson University accepts the TOEFL (minimum score of 75) or IELTS (minimum score 6). Students who have been studying in a total English immersion environment for two or more years may replace the test of English competency with the SAT or ACT. In addition, after acceptance, students will complete an English and Math Placement Exam prior to class placement. Assessments help to ensure course placements that provide the strongest support for academic success.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
General Education Courses
- Rhetoric and Composition I
- Rhetoric and Composition II
- The Husson Experience
- Probability and Statistic
- General Psychology
- Human Growth and Development
- General Biology I and General Biology Lab I
- Bridge Elective
- Deductive Math Elective
- Fine Arts Elective
- Foreign Culture and Conversation Elective
- Historical Elective
- Literature Elective
- Philosophical Elective
- Fundamentals of Nursing and Fundamentals of Nursing-Laboratory
- Introduction to Medical-Surgical Nursing and Introduction to Medical-Surgical Nursing-Clinical
- Pharmacology and Medication Administration and Dose Calculations
- Family Centered Care-Children and Clinical:Child Health
- Medical Surgical Nursing I and Med Surg I Clinical
- Medical Surgical Nursing II and Med Surg III Clinical
- Family Centered Care - Women and Infants and Family Centered Care - Women and Infants - Clinical
- Population Focus - Community Health and Population Focus - Community Health - Clinical
- Population Focus - Mental Health and Population Focus - Mental Health Clinical
- Transition to Practice
- Senior Practicum
- Health Informatics & Technology
- Quality Improvement in Healthcare Systems
- Evidence Based Practice for the Professional Nurse
- Principles of Gen Chemistry and Prin of Gen Chemistry Lab I
- Anatomy and Physiology I and Anat/Physiology Lab I
- Anatomy and Physiology II and Anatomy/Physiology Lab II
- Microbiology for the Health Sciences and Microbiology Lab
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Our flexible course schedules, full-time and part-time tracks, multiple locations and online learning options make it possible for you to earn your degree with the flexibility you need as a working professional.
Regular Undergraduate Tuition
$612 per credit hour or $18,972 for a full-load
$550 per credit hour
Upon completion of the undergraduate nursing program, the graduate will be able to:
- Integrate knowledge of theory, liberal studies, research and evidenced-based nursing practice in the design and provision of nursing care for individuals, families, groups and communities.
- Demonstrate entry-level competence in the role of the professional nurse.
- Synthesize the nursing process in the care of individuals, families, groups and communities.
- Incorporate therapeutic communication in the care of individuals, families, groups and communities.
- Design strategies to promote optimal health for individuals, families, groups and communities in a variety of settings.
- Demonstrate competency in informational and health care technologies.
- Integrate professional, ethical and legal accountability within one's practice of nursing.
- Integrate beliefs, values, and practices of individuals, families, groups and communities in the provision of holistic nursing practice.
- Analyze health care delivery systems to include the role of the professional nurse in influencing health care issues and policies at the local, state, national and global level.
- Assume responsibility for life long learning that enhances professional nursing practice.
About this institute
At Husson University, it’s all about you. You won’t be lost in a crowd. You’ll learn from professors who care about you. You’ll learn hands-on, earning a degree and skills that will prepare you for a rewarding, successful career. Best...
Want to know more about B.S. in Nursing? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America