Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master of Accountancy (MAcc)
The programme is designed for recent graduates who intend to pursue a career in professional accounting. It will also benefit those working in non-accounting areas, who seek a thorough education in the principles and practice of accounting. The programme emphasises on substantive and operational knowledge as well as the skills and competencies for an accounting professional/practitioner. Additionally, the programme has been accredited by global accounting qualifications such as HKICPA, ACCA, CPA Australia, CIMA and AIA.
Applicants seeking admission to the MAcc programme should be:
- Holders of a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized tertiary institution; or
- Holders of a qualification deemed to be equivalent.
Selection will be judged on the basis of results in official academic transcripts and supporting documents. Also, interviews will be arranged to further asses applicants' qualifications.
English Proficiency Requirement
Applicants whose Bachelor’s degrees are obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English should also fulfill the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
- a TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based test) or 79 (internet-based test); or
- an overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The MAcc programme aims to equip students with the following:
- Contemporary knowledge of accounting
- Analytical and critical thinking skills to solve real business problems
- Fundamental knowledge in professional ethics as well as business and company law
- An understanding of the accounting theory and the latest developments in accounting practice.
The programme requires the completion of 7 core courses and 5 elective courses. In addition, all participants must satisfy the Pre-core programme requirements.
Core Courses -- 21 Units
- ACCT 7860 Accounting Theory
- ACCT 7610 Advanced Financial Accounting
- ACCT 7620 Auditing
- ACCT 7630 Business and Company Law
- ACCT 7640 Cost and Management Accounting
- ACCT 7650 Financial Management
- ACCT 7660 Taxation
Elective Courses (Choose any five courses from the following) -- 15 Units
- ACCT 7510 Advanced Financial Reporting
- ACCT 7520 Advanced Taxation
- ACCT 7530 Contemporary Issues in Business Assurance
- ACCT 7850 Contemporary Strategic Management Accounting Issues
- ACCT 7540 Corporate Financing
- ACCT 7550 Integrated Project^
- ACCT 7760 International Taxation
- ACCT 7810 Securities Regulation
^The course ACCT7550 Integrated Project is designed only for students who have obtained appropriate training on research (proof is needed) and would like to take an individual graduation project concentrating on integrative application of accounting knowledge if approval in advance is granted by MAcc Programme Office.
Note: The MAcc Programme Office reserves the right to offer or not to offer any of the elective courses.
- P.C. 7001 Accounting
- P.C. 7002 Economics
- P.C. 7003 Information Systems
- P.C. 7007 Intermediate Accounting
- P.C. 7004 Management
- P.C. 7006 Marketing for Accountants
- P.C. 7005 Statistics
Remark: Students with deficiencies in any of the pre-core courses must take, at their extra cost, the prescribed pre-core courses to satisfy the competency requirements for admission to the HKICPA QP.
Local students: HK$180,000
Non-local students: HK$230,000
Each required pre-core programme: HK$5,000
Note: Tuition fees are subject to annual review.
Scholarships & funding
- International Postgraduate Scholarships are available to full-time international students.
- MAcc Diversity Contribution Scholarships are available to students.
- MAcc Entrance Scholarships are available to students.
- Course Scholarships are available to students with outstanding academic performance.
- Competition Winning Awards are available to students who have won the competition or have been awarded a cash prize by the professional accounting/business organizations or bodies.
- Professional Education Awards are available part-time students.
- MAcc Pre-core Course Scholarships are avaliable to part-time students.
- Professional Accounting Examination Awards are avalibale to part-time students.
Continuing Education Fund (CEF)
Core and elective courses in this programme are included in the Continuing Education Fund (CEF) reimbursable course list issued by the HKSAR Government. Students are eligible to apply for reimbursement of the tuition fees paid on these twelve courses, subject to the maximum ceiling of HK$10,000 per applicant.
Non-means Tested Loan
Local students are eligible to apply for the Non-means Tested Loan Scheme provided by the Student Financial Assistance Agency of HKSAR.
For more information about scholarships, please contact the university.
About this institute
Study Business and Finance Programs in Hong Kong Since 1956, Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) has provided innovative business education to students from across the globe. The School of Business has achieved recognition from the three largest and most influential...
Want to know more about Master of Accountancy (MAcc)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...