About this program
Interior Design AAS-T
Upon completion of the program students will have a portfolio that reflects a balance of presentation work that includes residential and commercial design, diverse solutions that are incorporated into the design, and will be able to demonstrate ability in both and hand drawn and computer generated drawings.
Students will successfully demonstrate their understanding of the design process and how it applies to interior design, by successfully taking a design problem from start to finish, and will be able to communicate the design process, through a series of diagrams and hand sketches.
Design residential interiors and commercial office spaces that are functional and appealing according to the client program, cultural considerations, code requirements and industry standards.
Communicate (verbal and written) effectively using the vocabulary unique to the field of Interior Design and be able to market their designs to the customer.
Students will be able to integrate sustainable principles into the design phase.
Student will be able to select appropriate materials and products based on their knowledge of principles and elements, color theory, industry standards and client consideration.
- Completion of a minimum of 90 college-level credits (courses numbered 100 or above);
- A minimum 2.0 cumulative college-level GPA;
- Completion of at least 23 of the total required credits at Highline with a minimum 2.0 GPA (known as the residency credit requirement);
- Any course taken in the AA, AS, AAS degrees must be a D (1.0 GPA) or better.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Professional-Technical Core Courses:
- Introduction to Interior Design
- Interior Design: Residential Studio
- History of Design
- Manual Drafting
- Architectural Drafting I
- Interior Design Studio: Commerical
- Portfolio Presentation
- Sustainable Design
- Architectural Drafting in REVIT
- 3-D Model Rendering
Please check the program webpage for more information about its courses.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
Please visit the college website for more information about tuition fees
Message the school
About this institute
Highline College prides itself as being the 5th most diverse college in the entire USA. It is located in the breathtaking Pacific Northwest, which is home to renowned national parks, a stunning coastline and peninsula, a rainforest, the North Cascade...
Why study at Highline College
- Award-winning college (ranked in the top 150 community colleges in the USA in 2021)
- Individual advising to help you meet your goals
- New on campus student housing
- University Transfer Pathways with many four-year university partners
- Over 120 programs, certificates and degrees and still growing
- U.S. high school diploma awarded after completing a 2-year degree with no additional requirements.
- Active student life with many activities, programming, communities and leadership opportunities
- Beautiful location just next to Seattle and the Puget Sound waterway
- Internship &, scholarships opportunities
- Unique OPT, CPT and internship opportunities
Want to know more about Interior Design, AAS? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Costa Mesa, United States of America
New York City, United States of America
Bloomington, United States of America
Detroit, United States of America