Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) International Business
Your BBA in brief
- A multilingual approach unique in North America with three possible paths: French, bilingual and trilingual.*
- Groups of 65 to 72 students.
- 274 multidisciplinary and renowned faculty members, of which 40% are international professors.
- The possibility of acquiring practical experience in management and of building a network of business contacts with internships credited in companies and course-projects.
- Choose from 15 specializations leading to exciting careers.
- A generous program of scholarships for admission, excellence and commitment to community life.
*Please note that an intermediate-advanced level of proficiency in French is mandatory for all three paths.
What is the Preparatory Year?
- For candidates from outside Quebec with 12 years of schooling.
- A transition to get used to the North American education system, and the acquisition of the knowledge and skills required to enter the BBA.
- A progressive and sustained rhythm to assimilate the material little by little.
- Support to promote your success: sponsorship, tutoring, school and cultural workshops, easily accessible teachers, coordinator dedicated to the preparatory year.
- Activities to integrate you well: welcoming committee, student associations, Facebook groups (for your parents and for you), the discovery of Montreal's and Quebec's culture.
Specialization in International Business
- Familiarization with current global issues.
- Acquisition of the conceptual and analytical skills needed to develop business strategies in an international context.
- Awareness and management of cultural, social, institutional, political, economic and technological differences between countries.
- Possibility of benefiting from personalized academic follow-up in the context of an international internship in a company.
- Mandatory participation in an international mobility activity, in order to acquire practical experience abroad.
Please note the choice of specialization will only be made during your 2nd year.
- Have an intermediate-advanced language level in French when submitting the application.
- If you have an intermediate level, you will need to take one or more language courses.
- There is no language level required in English.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
First Year: The Cohort and the Beginning of the Common Core
The common core of our BBA comprises 54 credits. It aims to give a solid training in management by exploring basic concepts. In addition, exploring all facets of management in the common core before making a choice of specialization maximizes the probability of obtaining a degree.
All the courses in the first year are taken as a cohort. Experience has shown us that training in a cohort of 60 to 70 students reinforces emulation and learning.
List of Courses
- Financial Accounting
- Management accounting
- Microeconomic analysis
- Introduction to Marketing
- Introduction to business analytics
- Operations management
- Human Resource Management
For the bilingual and trilingual pathways, some of these courses are given in English or Spanish.
Second Year: International, The End of the Common Core and the Start of Specialization
Over 50% of graduates at our BBA have had an international experience. It can take the form of a campus, a credited project or a one-term exchange. All the courses taken in exchange are recognized in your program, which allows you to gain experience abroad without slowing down your progress.
List of Courses
- Society, sustainable development and organization
- Macroeconomic analysis
- Entrepreneurship and innovation: concepts and tools
- Ethics, governance and business law
- International affairs
- Organizational behavior
- Information technologies in organizations
As well as courses in the chosen specialization or mixed option.
Third Year: Specialization
In this regard, HEC Montréal stands out for its range of specializations and mixed options (36 credits) which will lead you to the job market with the best employment probabilities. At over 95%, the placement rate of our graduates is unrivaled in the world.
List of Courses
- Strategic management of organizations
As well as the courses of the chosen specialization or mixed option.
Scholarships & funding
The evaluation committee awards scholarships based on their academic record at the time of admission.
- $7,000 in 3 installments or
- $14,000 in 3 installments
Applicants who have been granted a tuition waiver under an agreement are not eligible for these scholarships.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
Tuition and other fees for 2 full-time terms (30 credits)
- Quebec students: $4300
- Canadian students, non-residents of Québec: $9800
- French and French Belgian students: $9800
- International students: $28600
About this institute
Founded in 1907, HEC Montréal offers internationally renowned management education and research. It is the oldest business school in Canada and was also the first school in North America to hold the prestigious triple accreditation (AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS). It...
Want to know more about Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) International Business? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Chicago, United States of America