MA Strategic Communication
One important communication consideration is recognizing cultural diversity. Not only does the MASCOM program take a global view, the learning environment at HPU is also multi-cultural. Located in the center of the Pacific Rim, Honolulu is a cosmopolitan city with a busy, international business community. This attracts a wide range of learners. In fact, HPU students come from all 50 states and nearly 65 countries.
- Because Honolulu is a uniquely international city, MASCOM students have opportunities for jobs and internships with many multinational companies. Classrooms are centrally located in the downtown financial district of Honolulu, near the state legislature, print and television news organizations, media production companies, public relations firms, and advertising agencies.
- Faculty in HPU’s MASCOM program are excellent teachers and involved mentors for all students. Their awards and experiences include a Fulbright Senior Fellow Nomination, the Walt Disney-Hollywood Pictures Fellowship Writer’s Award, the Lawrence A. Frost Literary Award, the HPU Trustees Award for Teaching Excellence, the CLIO Award for Advertising, KHON2 media commentator, and Peace Corps volunteer.
- Students may take up to two electives from other related programs, such as Master of Business Administration, Master of the Arts in Sustainability, and others, to count toward their MASCOM degree.
- HPU's MASCOM program offers two elements not commonly offered by other programs:
- Emphasis in technical design training (courses in Digital Graphic Design and Web Design).
- Strong international/intercultural component (courses in International Communication and Media and Globalization).
- The MA in Strategic Communication is a professionally oriented curriculum; however, students planning to continue studies toward the Ph.D will find the program’s intellectual breadth and depth, academic rigor, and emphasis upon integrating theory with practical application perfectly aligned with their future plans.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Communication Theory
- Communication Research Methods
- Intellectual Property and Media Ethics
- Strategic Communication
- Advanced Media Research
- Speech Making and Writing
- Integrated Communication
- Organizational Communication
- Crisis Communication
- International Communication
- Tourism and Cross-Cultural Communication
- Digital Graphic Design
- Teaching Techniques
- Web Design
- History of American News Media
- Literary Journalism
- Feature Film Screenwriting
- Gender Communication
- Film Criticism
- Media Criticism
- Selected Topics in Communication
- Current Issues in Communication
- Capstone I
- Capstone II
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information
Tuition fee is $699 per credit.
- Understand and be able to apply communication theories in a variety of contexts.
- Understand and be able to employ research techniques used in social sciences and industry to analyze, interpret, and present data effectively.
- Write clearly, concisely, correctly, and in an appropriate style for the communication objective.
- Develop and implement communication strategies that advance organizations' goals and missions.
- Demonstrate dynamic, effective, and persuasive oral communication skills.
About this institute
Hawai'i Pacific University
Hawai‘i Pacific University is the largest private, non-profit university in the state of Hawai’i, USA. HPU is home to over 5,500 students from all 50 states and over 70 countries around the world. Our campuses are unique, with the excitement...
Why study at Hawai'i Pacific University
Hawai‘i Pacific University is the largest private, non-profit university in the state of Hawai’i, USA. We are home to over 5,000 students from all 50 states and over 70 countries around the world. Our campuses are exquisitely unique. HPU combines the excitement of an urban campus located in downtown Honolulu with the serenity of a campus set in the green foothills of the Ko‘olau mountains and an Oceanic Institute bordering the Pacific Ocean. All three are less than a 30 minute drive from the infamous Waikiki.
Our curriculum, which builds on our diversity by combining American educational traditions with global perspectives, emphasizes on rigorous intellectual engagement and social responsibility. The hands-on learning approach in combination with small class sizes and an inspiring teaching faculty ensure that students get the most of their studies.
All that combined is what makes HPU a one-of-a-kind destination.
Want to know more about MA Strategic Communication? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
San Diego, United States of America