The Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering degree at HPU involves the application of engineering principles to design and develop diagnostic or treatment solutions for biological, medical and/or physiological problems. Students may undertake a variety of courses in computational biomechanics, biomedical optics, biomedical signal processing, computer simulation and processing, medical image processing and instrumentation, tissue engineering, biosensing, and device design, in addition to the study of topics in physics, chemistry and electrical engineering toward future employment in the healthcare and/or healthcare technology sector.
The HPU Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering degree is a 4 year program. HPU Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering graduates will find employment working with scientists and healthcare experts in areas such as artificial organ and prosthesis development, medical imaging and instrumentation systems, healthcare delivery and management systems, and development of medical assistive technologies for intervention and/or diagnosis.
- Online Application
- Academic Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of English proficiency
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Calculus I
- Introduction to Engineering Systems and Professional Practice
- Chemistry I
- Chemistry I Lab
- Calculus II
- General Biology I
- General Biology I Lab
- Principles of Environmental Science
- Calculus III
- General Biology II
- General Biology II Lab
- General Physics I
- General Physics I Lab
- Linear Circuits and Systems
- Linear Circuits and Systems Lab
- Bioengineering Signals and Systems
- Bioinstrumentation Lab
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Cell and Molecular Biology Lab
- Bioengineering Thermodynamics
- Engineering Design Project I
- Engineering Design Project II
- Analytical Biotechnology for Engineers
- Linear Algebra
- Differential Equations
- Applied Statstics
- Soil Ecology
- Environmental Systems Analysis for Engineers
- Waste Treatment and Management
- Air Quality Management
- Land Treatment Systems
- Food Processing and Packaging Systems
- Special Topics in Biotechnolgy Engineering
- Research I
- Research II
- Research III
- Engineering Professional Practice
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information
The Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology Engineering seeks to produce Graduates who will:
- Understand and apply a core of fundamental Engineering, Mathematical and Science-based operational skills to real world problems and challenges, with creativity, innovation and professional responsibility.
- Apply a problem-solving approach to actively and effectively engage in engineering practice, or in the pursuit of other fields such as Mathematics, Science, Law, Medicine, Computer Science or Business.
- Actively seek professional positions of technical prowess and leadership within Industry and the community.
- Serve as Engineering ambassadors in the community by conforming to the highest ethical and professional standards, continuing professional skill development and actively participating in the learning and development of those they are supervising and their peers.
About this institute
Hawai'i Pacific University
Hawai‘i Pacific University is the largest private, non-profit university in the state of Hawai’i, USA. HPU is home to over 5,500 students from all 50 states and over 70 countries around the world. Our campuses are unique, with the excitement...
Why study at Hawai'i Pacific University
Hawai‘i Pacific University is the largest private, non-profit university in the state of Hawai’i, USA. We are home to over 5,000 students from all 50 states and over 70 countries around the world. Our campuses are exquisitely unique. HPU combines the excitement of an urban campus located in downtown Honolulu with the serenity of a campus set in the green foothills of the Ko‘olau mountains and an Oceanic Institute bordering the Pacific Ocean. All three are less than a 30 minute drive from the infamous Waikiki.
Our curriculum, which builds on our diversity by combining American educational traditions with global perspectives, emphasizes on rigorous intellectual engagement and social responsibility. The hands-on learning approach in combination with small class sizes and an inspiring teaching faculty ensure that students get the most of their studies.
All that combined is what makes HPU a one-of-a-kind destination.
Want to know more about Biomedical Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America