About this program
MSc Computer Games Programming
This MSc is tailored for people who want to work in the game industry. You will learn multi-platform game development and gain a solid foundation in programming to help you develop your own skills. The MSc has a strong focus on business and entrepreneurship, including the possibility to work with industry partners as part of your internship.
Why Study MSc Computer Games Programming at Goldsmiths
- Learn how to design and develop games, using state of the art tools and game engines from actual game developer and industry veterans
- Focus on which skills you want to learn through a selection of option modules
- Collaborate with colleagues from other courses, including the MA Computer Games Art & Design and the MA Independent Games and Playable Experience Design
- Build your portfolio through practical coursework
- Access state of the art game labs and facilities
- Get your first internship in the game industry (or work on a research project instead)
- Take part in annual events and game jams organised by the department, and be part of the creative and diverse environment that surrounds Goldsmiths
- Access a strong UK community of publishers and creators with innovative voices creating groundbreaking titles
You should have (or expect to be awarded) an undergraduate degree of at least second class standard in a relevant/related subject, such as Game Design/Programming or Computer Science.
You might also be considered for some programs if you aren’t a graduate or your degree is in an unrelated field, but have relevant experience and can show that you have the ability to work at postgraduate level.
A portfolio of relevant work (such as programming samples, art-based/sketchbook, games assets, or games programd/designed) will strengthen your application. If you have worked on other, non-games related creative projects, you are welcome to show that in your portfolio, as everything that can show your creativity and commitment is welcome.
In some instances, we may ask to see more of your work or to conduct a short interview.
We accept a wide range of international qualifications. Find out more about the qualifications we accept from around the world.
If English isn’t your first language, you will need an IELTS score (or equivalent English language qualification) of 6.5 with a 6.0 in writing to study this program. If you need assistance with your English language, we offer a range of courses that can help prepare you for postgraduate-level study.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Introduction to Programming for Games
- Mathematics & Graphics for Games 1
- Game Design and Games Analytics
- Advanced Programming for Games
- Business and Practice
- Computer Games Final Project
- Approaches to Play 1
- AI for Games
- Mathematics & Graphics for Games 2
- Programming for Game Engines
- Introduction to Virtual Reality
- Virtual Reality for Creative Practice
- Mixed Realities
- Physical Computing
- Data and Machine Learning for Creative Practice
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Local students - full-time: £10870
- Local students - part-time: £5435
- International Students- full-time: £16120
As part of the MSc, students may choose to do an internship with a games-related company. Over the years we worked closely with industry leaders and game studios to offer industry placements.
Many internships result in permanent positions, and almost 100% of our graduates find work four to five months after finishing the program. Some have gone on to work in major studios like EA, Ubisoft, Sony, Creative Assembly, Microsoft, Cinesite, Framestore, Splash Damage, Rebellion Studios, Mediatonic, Frontier, Supermassive and Roll7, as well as getting funded for start-ups such as Terrardhard.
Message the school
About this institute
Goldsmiths, University of London
With an academic legacy dating back to 1891, Goldsmiths has a rich heritage in the arts and creative disciplines and offers degrees in subjects from the humanities and social sciences to computing and law. Students at Goldsmiths are encouraged to...
Why study at Goldsmiths, University of London
At Goldsmiths we're constantly exploring, questioning and reshaping the world. You can challenge yourself through our innovative degrees and world-leading academics that will inspire you to see the world differently.
At Goldsmiths you’ll change how you think and be inspired to develop fresh ideas and new approaches to your studies. We champion degrees that provoke thought and stretch the imagination. That’s why so many of our former students are leading the way in reshaping the sociocultural landscape on a global scale.
Want to know more about MSc Computer Games Programming? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!