MSc Occupational Therapy (Pre-registration) is a modularised, broadening Masters level curriculum which requires maximum student participation.
The focus is on the integration of theory and practice to facilitate practice education. Students are required to undertake a minimum of 1000 hours of practice education across the duration of the programme. This experience has to be varied in order to gain a breadth of exposure to clients from a wide variety of settings.
Independent learning is critical to the Occupational Therapy pre-registration programme and a variety of teaching methods are used such as key lectures, practical groups, tutorials and seminars. Assessment is viewed as an integral part of the total learning experience, therefore the assessment strategy is linked to the learning outcomes of individual modules, for example, verbal presentations, poster presentations, work based assignments and projects.
The MSc Occupational Therapy (Pre-registration) syllabus is subject to change but currently courses are as follows:
- Year1: Semester A: University based: OT Foundations, Theory and Practice; Interprofessional Context of Practice, Challenges to Health and Wellbeing.
- Year 1: Semester B: Fieldwork Practice based: Practice Education; Occupation in Health & Social Care Environments; Practice Education.
Summer: Practice Education 2
- Year 2: Semester A: Practice based: Practice Education 3, Professional Development in the Work Place, Health and Social Care Governance Issues.
- Year 2: Semester B: Dissertation
Students wishing to study the MSc Occupational therapy Pre-registration degree should meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor's degree from a UK institution of first or upper second class standing in health, behavioural or social sciences - or international equivelant
- Basic knowledge of statistics which includes an introduction to statistical inference.
- Academic IELTS test with an average score of 7 with no elements below 6.5, or hold another recognised qualification.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
About this institute
Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University is a vibrant multi-cultural university with state-of-the-art learning facilities. GCU has a wide range of accreditations with industry links in the private, public and third sectors, helping to ensure that 95% of our graduates are in employment...
Want to know more about MSc Occupational Therapy (pre-registration)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.