About this program
The London School of Economics and Political Science - Decision-Making: Judgements, Biases, and Nudges
Refine your ability to make effective strategic decisions with a clear, bias-proof, step-by-step process.
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement fromThe London School of Economics and Political Science
In a business landscape increasingly reliant on technology and automation, uniquely human abilities such as strategic decision-making and critical thinking are proving to be vital skills for the modern professional.
The Decision-Making: Judgements, Biases, and Nudges online certificate course from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) equips participants with the tools to improve their decision-making capabilities. Youll learn to use a proprietary framework – the Decision Canvas™ – as a structured and scientifically informed decision-making tool. In addition to this step-by-step guide, youll learn how to compensate for blind spots, such as your own cognitive bias and automatic judgements, in your decision-making journey. By developing an informed awareness of debiasing and choice architecture, youll be empowered to improve your intuitive decision-making.
Throughout this six-week course, youll have the opportunity to leverage the diversity, experiences, and insight of a global network of peers, and will learn to examine decisions from different perspectives in order to arrive at more robust conclusions. The combination of theory and practical application ensures that you are able to utilise what youve learnt in both personal and professional real-world scenarios.
This Decision-Making: Judgements, Biases, and Nudges online certificate course is certified by the United Kingdom CPD Certification Service, and may be applicable to individuals who are members of, or are associated with, UK-based professional bodies. The course has an estimated 60 hours of learning.
Is this course for you?
This course is designed to equip business leaders, managers, and working professionals with a structured approach to decision-making. The ability to recognise and avoid blind spots, biases, and judgements will help you drive more effective problem-solving and critical thinking in your context. Existing and aspiring entrepreneurs will learn how to justify the choices they make when growing their enterprises, as well as strengthen their decision-making process. Regardless of the industry or business function, those looking to stand out in their current role or prepare for a new one will benefit from understanding the science of making quality decisions. Both technical and non-technical managers and supervisors will benefit from developing the soft skills to lead in an increasingly machine-reliant workplace.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Learn to identify and avoid the biases and barriers that affect strategic decisions as you work through the weekly modules of this online certificate course.
Welcome to your Online Campus
Decision-making styles and approaches
Evaluating the quality of decisions
Judgements as decision drivers
Bias as an obstacle to successful decision-making
Designing decision architecture
- 6 weeks (excluding orientation)
- 7-10 hours per week
- Self-paced learning online
Total Tuition Fee :£2200
About the certificate
- Improve your critical-thinking and decision-making capabilities, and earn an official certificate of competence from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, youll need to meet the requirements outlined in the course handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the course.
- Your certificate will be issued in your legal name and sent to you upon successful completion of the course, as per the stipulated requirements.
What will set you apart
On completion of this course, youll walk away with:
- A unique, step-by-step guide to approaching decisions, designed to consistently improve your personal and professional decision-making.
- The ability to recognise blind spots, biases, and barriers in your decision-making process in order to make more informed, bias-proof decisions.
- Improved decision-making competencies, enhanced through highly integrative, collaborative, and experiential learning.
- The capacity to view a decision from a different perspective and develop additional solutions by leveraging the diversity, experiences, and insight of a global network.
About this institute
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...
Why study at GetSmarter
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
Be the first to write a review!