About this program
The London School of Economics and Political Science - Analysing Health Systems - Lessons From COVID-19
Leverage the knowledge gained from the global COVID-19 response to influence policymaking and facilitate future health service delivery
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement fromThe London School of Economics and Political Science
The course explores the many ways the pandemic has challenged the structure of existing health systems – these effects range from financial losses and disparities in healthcare quality and coverage to failings in institutional and health system governance. Through the lens of COVID-19, youll develop the tools and expertise to critically evaluate the performance of health systems, and examine the reasons why some were better prepared than, and outperformed, others. On this course, youll gain a technical understanding of health system performance and response, learn to identify and understand the systematic issues experienced around the world, and determine the actions required to improve these structures.
This Analysing Health Systems: Lessons From COVID-19 online certificate course is certified by the United Kingdom CPD Certification Service, and may be applicable to individuals who are members of, or are associated with, UK-based professional bodies. The course has an estimated 50 hours of learning.
Is this course for you?
This course is designed to provide medical and public sector professionals with the tools to measure and monitor healthcare service delivery, analyse past response frameworks, and better prepare for future health crises. Civil servants, policymakers, researchers, and advisors will gain fresh insights and perspectives related to health system performance to help improve the analysis and development of related policy. Hospital directors, healthcare administrators, and public health specialists will benefit from validating their existing experience and engaging with an international cohort of peers. Senior managers and those in positions of leadership will enhance their ability to take charge in future pandemic situations.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Develop health system strategies to facilitate high-quality care as you work through the weekly modules of this online certificate course.
Welcome to your Online Campus
Introduction to COVID-19 politics and policy
The health and economic consequences of COVID-19
A comparative perspective on assessing the COVID-19 health system impact
Healthcare quality and the impact of COVID-19
Health system surveillance
- 6 weeks (excluding orientation)
- 7-10 hours per week
- Self-paced learning online
Total Tuition Fee :£2200
About the certificate
- Gain the skills to evaluate the performance of a health system and earn an official certificate of competence from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, youll need to meet the requirements outlined in the course handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the course.
- Your certificate will be issued in your legal name and sent to you upon successful completion of the course, as per the stipulated requirements
What will set you apart
On completion of this course, youll walk away with:
- A comprehensive overview of the social, political, and policy structures influencing the level to which health systems are prepared for pandemics.
- The expertise to technically assess health system performance, and leverage data integration to better manage current and future healthcare requirements.
- An analytical view of the effect of COVID-19 on global health systems, and how factors such as resource and funding constraints impact responses.
- A toolkit of strategies and tactics geared to repair and restructure health systems, and facilitate high-quality and equitable care.
About this institute
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...
Why study at GetSmarter
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
Be the first to write a review!