About this program
Honours Bachelor of Business Administration (Management and Leadership)
Students are provided a degree-level education in business with a special focus on management and leadership. Students explore current issues, trends and technologies preparing them to adopt innovative approaches to evolving management and leadership issues. Entrepreneurship is a Georgian College signature learning experience, and a number of core and optional courses focused on entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship are offered. Interactive curriculum delivery in this program promotes critical thinking and problem solving. A strategically sequential co-op structure serves to maximize the link between theory and practice.
OSSD or equivalent with
- minimum overall average of 65 per cent
- six Grade 12 U or M level courses
- Grade 12 U level English
- Grade 12 U level Mathematics
Degree Completion For Graduates Of 2-Year Business-General College Diploma Program from any recognized public Ontario College with a GPA of 70 Per Cent (B-) Or Higher do not require the 12U English and Mathematics admissions criteria.
Mature applicants may also be considered for admission to this program providing their previous school performance and/or recent work record suggests a strong possibility of academic success. In order to qualify, applicants must be 19 years of age by December 31 of the year of admission and must have been away from formal education for at least one year immediately prior to beginning studies. Mature applicants must meet subject prerequisites prior to registration.
Applicants should be aware that first-year enrolment is limited; satisfying minimum entrance requirements does not guarantee admission.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Accounting
- Leadership Models and Theories
- Management Principles
- Introduction to Marketing
- Business Law
- The Internet Economy
- Project Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- International Business
- Management Accounting
- Ethics for Business
- Business Mathematics
- Corporate Finance
- Inspiring People for / to Exceptional Performance
- Introduction to Statistical Analysis
- Entrepreneurship and the Business Plan
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- Management Information Systems
- Current Topics in Leadership
- Dispute Resolution for Leaders
- Change Leadership
- Management and Leadership Project
- Governance and Leadership
Tuition fee: $19,847.67 CAD
Credential: Honours Bachelor Degree
Program Learning Outcomes
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- analyze, evaluate and solve organizational problems by applying appropriate business and economic models, integrating knowledge about marketing, law, accounting and finance, operations and human resources management functions, in both domestic and international contexts;
- design, implement and monitor initiatives aimed at improving the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of employees, processes, and functions of an organization, recognizing that uncertainty, ambiguity and the limits of knowledge will affect the success of these initiatives, and require their continuous monitoring and adjustment;
- apply current theory and practice about leadership in a variety of settings;
- assess organizational management and leadership strategy for the use of the internet to provide value both internally and externally to clients and other users;
- acquire, analyze, evaluate and use data to improve organizational performance and management decision-making;
- communicate ideas in effective and appropriate ways, appropriate to the audience and message;
- employ effective and professional communication skills and techniques to interact, negotiate, collaborate, lead and manage people;
- formulate appropriate management and leadership strategies and develop plans to achieve organizational goals, based on assessment of costs, benefits, risks and opportunities in both domestic and international settings;
- interpret and use financial reports to assess the overall financial performance of an organization;
- evaluate marketing strategies and assess their impact on achievement of organizational goals;
- assess the effectiveness of management information systems in managing an organization’s activities and achieving organization goals;
- judge and adjust human resources strategies to respond to current and future labour market conditions;
- differentiate and practice appropriate professional behaviour related to ethical and legal codes of conduct;
- apply self-awareness, self-management and self-direction in the use of leadership theory to achieve personal and organization-related goals;
- exhibit an appreciation of the need for managers and leaders to engage in life-long learning and the usefulness of developing a broad range of interests.
Graduates are expected to accept leadership responsibility at a high level, think critically and innovatively, synthesize their learning to solve complex management problems, and apply these attributes to their professional development as dynamic managers and leaders who excel in a wide range of business settings. Graduates will emerge with competency in generating and interpreting numerical or statistical information; skills in analyzing, synthesizing and evaluating complex material; problem solving and critical thinking processes; and negotiation, leadership, and management skills.
Message the school
About this institute
Established in 1967, Georgian College (Canada) is a public college with 125+ market-driven programs offered to over 13,000 full time students including about 4,500 international students from 60 countries. Its 100-acre flagship campus, located in Barrie, is just an hour...
Want to know more about Honours Bachelor of Business Administration (Management and Leadership)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
British Columbia, Canada
Kent, United States of America